Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, just looking for some advice, thanks greatly in advance.
but in a location (Perth,Australia) where there's no step ons available to try in store, so will have to buy/return process to give them a go.

My mondo point measurements are as follows:
25.8cm for right food at 25.6cm for left foot
My width is 9.8cm width for both feet.

Currently wear Flow the Ansr boots from a long time ago size US9, and they are very comfortable for me, and looking at the mondo point sizing i should really be getting size US8. I do get heel lift, and need to crank down the dial throughout the run to fix it, but no foot pain throughout the day. I think they are heading to 7 yrs old.

Was thinking of trying some burton step on's, and had a couple of questions:
  • Is my width considered a wide foot? (with my sneakers i normally try to buy wide versions/relaxed fit shoes (skechers))
  • Should i focus on getting the Burton Step On Photon Wide?
  • Or should i try the Swath, which i assume is more like my current boot, but with a double boa.
  • I'm a little worried about getting a smaller boot as with hiking boots/etc, if my middle toe(the longest) touches the front, they get banged up pretty quick, which ruins the trip.
  • I'm also not that interested in buying a board due to difficulty travelling with them, would there be any issue to bring along step ons to a rental to rent just the board?
I've ridden for awhile but i would call myself intermediate 5, according to snowboarding profiles website. Mainly prefer to just cruise rather than park, and trying to get the carving/s turns down to a small line.

Thanks again in advance,

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi all, just looking for some advice, thanks greatly in advance.
but in a location (Perth,Australia) where there's no step ons available to try in store, so will have to buy/return process to give them a go.

My mondo point measurements are as follows:
25.8cm for right food at 25.6cm for left foot
My width is 9.8cm width for both feet.

Currently wear Flow the Ansr boots from a long time ago size US9, and they are very comfortable for me, and looking at the mondo point sizing i should really be getting size US8. I do get heel lift, and need to crank down the dial throughout the run to fix it, but no foot pain throughout the day. I think they are heading to 7 yrs old.

Was thinking of trying some burton step on's, and had a couple of questions:
  • Is my width considered a wide foot? (with my sneakers i normally try to buy wide versions/relaxed fit shoes (skechers))
  • Should i focus on getting the Burton Step On Photon Wide?
  • Or should i try the Swath, which i assume is more like my current boot, but with a double boa.
  • I'm a little worried about getting a smaller boot as with hiking boots/etc, if my middle toe(the longest) touches the front, they get banged up pretty quick, which ruins the trip.
  • I'm also not that interested in buying a board due to difficulty travelling with them, would there be any issue to bring along step ons to a rental to rent just the board?
I've ridden for awhile but i would call myself intermediate 5, according to snowboarding profiles website. Mainly prefer to just cruise rather than park, and trying to get the carving/s turns down to a small line.

Thanks again in advance,

Probably worth posting photos and measurements of your feet as per Wiredsport method:

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot.

I have Burton Swath Step On in US size 9. You can see my thread here: https://www.snowboardingforum.com/threads/foot-size-for-burton-swath-step-on-beware-gross-feet-photos.261655/

My measurements were:
Right = 26.9 / 9.6
Left = 27.0 / 9.8

The boots are a good fit i.e. toes touching the end, no heel lift. Due to the nature of Step On boots not having the traditional bindings the fit becomes even more important. If your toes are not touching the end then the boots are going to be too big which won't work well for Step Ons. If you feet are wide for their length then you have limited options e.g. Photon Wide or no Step Ons.

I went for the Swath as I wanted the double BOA but also as more of a beginner level I wanted a more flexing boot.

Suggest posting measurement photos and see if Wiredsport can provide any suggestions.

TheSalamander

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i did the wiredsport method with heel against wall and measuring, and also for width with face of the foot against the wall and measuring that, will take pics later to post up, tried it a few times and came up with similar results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts