Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though it was nuts for me to pay over 600 bucks for an AK 3layer jacket last year and now I see they have a $950 dollar jacket. That is definately nosebleed territory. I am not sure how one would justify that price. :huh:

·
Registered
548 Posts
snow industry has the highest markup in retail.

I don't ever buy anything unless it is at least 50% to start.

everything goes to 50% in the off season.

my buy range is usually 70%-90% off.

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Dude it's a restricted collab with a Japanese company. In line with Japanese Burton prices... not so much ours.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Haha. There is one fellow on the forum that would probably have both, can't recall his name.
That's too funny, as i was reading that I thought the same thing.

Took me a min to remember who it was
Once I remembered who it was, I didn't think I'd be able to spell it right?

Haven't seen a post from him in ages...

Scroll down a little more and
BOOM

Sassicaia.
That's how you spell it.

I seen him on the hill and he looks just like he did in his old avatar, that's how I knew it was him.

TT

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm usually fairly polite in stores -- you know, never openly mocking what they have for sale.

But once I was in REI and saw some new Arcteryx windbreaker that was about $475 I think. I just completely burst out laughing. Salesperson came and asked me if everything was OK. I apologized, but did tell him why. Seriously, what magic does this windbreaker do. (If I was in full asshole mode, I probably would've asked, "Does this thing give blowjobs?" (or mega-asshole "Does this thing fellate the wearer?")) He said they told them something or other in their spring product line training that it had some super-special taped seams (or was it the water-proofing seam thingies that go over the zipper) that had the closest tolerances in the industry and that was the official reason for the price. Um, yeah. I saw them again at the end of the season for $325 or so. But, still, yeah.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is probably my favorite jacket, it is warm, comfortable and durable. I've never gotten cold while wearing it and it's still like new even after 30+ days of use. Every time I go to my local snowboard shop I use it, they have had the same one that I use ever since I can remember. Maybe some day they will just give it to me so I can use it out on the mountain.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Snow sport myth is that the guy with the most expensive gear on the mountain will attract all the snow bunny's who will happily give up the snow beaver for this reason alone... Just remember to leave the tags on so they can see what ya paid for it...

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
That's too funny, as i was reading that I thought the same thing.

Took me a min to remember who it was
Once I remembered who it was, I didn't think I'd be able to spell it right?

Haven't seen a post from him in ages...

Scroll down a little more and
BOOM

Sassicaia.
That's how you spell it.

I seen him on the hill and he looks just like he did in his old avatar, that's how I knew it was him.

TT
Ill see you on the slopes. I just bought my cypress seasons pass last night. I got wasted last night (the cause for 90% of the stuff I buy), bught my pass and a bunch of other equipment I dont need.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Snow sport myth is that the guy with the most expensive gear on the mountain will attract all the snow bunny's who will happily give up the snow beaver for this reason alone... Just remember to leave the tags on so they can see what ya paid for it...
Nah...when I was in college I just went through the trash can at the ATM to find the slip with the biggest balance i.e. 100k plus. I kept it in muy pocket until I met some chick at the bar i wanted to give my number too. Id reach into my pocket to "grab the first piece of paper i could find" and i write my number on the back. Always got a call back.

That and I used to lie about my job. They like doctors? I was a med student. They were actresses? I was a casting director.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nah...when I was in college I just went through the trash can at the ATM to find the slip with the biggest balance i.e. 100k plus. I kept it in muy pocket until I met some chick at the bar i wanted to give my number too. Id reach into my pocket to "grab the first piece of paper i could find" and i write my number on the back. Always got a call back.

That and I used to lie about my job. They like doctors? I was a med student. They were actresses? I was a casting director.
That's brilliant gotta respect a man with a plan...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts