Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a year of riding under my belt and run a GNU BG for my groomer bombs, but I want to start to learn how to butter and take jumps, and possibly rails.

I currently have a 2011 K2 WWW, but was wondering if it is worth it grab a 2013 ROME Garage Rocker for $160 and sell the K2, or just stick to the older board and learn on that. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
BA is right. The rider is much more important than his gear. You can butter on the K2 you can hit jumps/kickers on the K2 you can do rails/boxes and all the other cool features on the K2. Buying a new board will not teach you the technics. Unless you just want a new board, the K2 WWW will fulfill all your desired needs. Practice, watch videos, practice, talk to people on the hill about it, practice and did I say practice. :giggle: Have fun trying and enjoy the rewards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks, that's all I did last year when I was learning to ride. Youtube was my mentor lol. I will listen to your advice and learn on the K2.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Youtube was my mentor lol.
Lol. Me too. I use YouTube for almost everything. For example, changing my girls timing belt on her honda crv. It was very helpful. I also used it for learning how to do a method grab. Me and YouTube are about as tight as this stupid ass costume I bought for Halloween. :huh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha nice. I remember back in the day when you had to read haynes manuals to work on your car.

I went from taking 2 hours to get down a green at keystone to making it without falling in 2 days just watching videos and reading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts