Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a board that will improve my buttering and flatland trick progression while still being able to hold its own all over the mountain. I spend 80% on-piste, 10% off-piste/powder, and 10% in the park. I'm an intermediate rider who likes to cruise around, make turns, do some side hits, try some carving, and occasionally hit small park features. Definitely not into steep free-riding, bombing runs, big jumps, or going backcountry. My main thing is that I love buttering and making smooth turns — so I want to get better at that.

I'm mostly looking at boards with raised contact points (like 3BT), as I feel it will help me build a lot more confidence on butters. What do you think of these options?
  1. Burton Kilroy 3D — Not many reviews as it's new.
  2. Bataleon Evil Twin — Highly rated but afraid the 3BT is too different.
  3. Arbor Westmark Camber — Seems like a solid choice.
Happy to hear other recommendations! Currently on Capita Outerspace Living with Burton Step Ons. 175cm, 64kg, US10. Thanks, y'all!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Gnu Finest, Rome Buckshot, Lib Box Knife

I know you said raised contact points but meh. Don't think it helps a whole lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There’s tons to choice from, your gonna end up having paralysis by analysis. If you want tbt go evil twin, if not lots of other choices. Pick a board then focus on riding!! Have fun

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for chiming in, y'all. Appreciate it.

Yeah there are definitely a lot of options. It looks like I'm just going to have to make a decision based on the most important factor of all then: graphics. Lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It’s funny you say that, the Evil Twin to me has the worst , and I still went for it if that tells you anything. Although the 2021 ones looks awesome

·
Registered
363 Posts
From the boards I’ve owned I can throw in Yes the Greats, Rossi Jibsaw and One LF, Salomon Assassin. Yes Typo is also a great choice. They’re not the same but all have plenty of rocker in the softer tips for buttering and can carve (camber underfoot) while being playful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts