Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, my Burton custom X is a year after warranty and only used 2 seasons. I'm in the process of fixing an issue with the top layer letting loose and showing a sort of lightning crack on the top deck. Looking closer at the sides it looks likes the top layer is about to come.off in numerous places. :( Has anyone faced this issue before and what to do? Is this just cosmetic ? Thx a bunch. Dave.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
She's 4 years old so not new but not old. Hard to really tell anything in your photos. But if its a serious complete delam of the entire top sheet you should have at least attempted to contact Burton before starting to repair yourself. But Hindsight is 2020. What you described sounds like a complete separation of the top sheet from the board but photos don't really do it justice. So I don't really know what to say. If it is the entire top sheet coming off epoxy is only going to do so much for so long.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hard to tell the exact extent of the issue from the photos, but from the looks of it you're thinking of fixing it with epoxy. If you do that, make sure you prep/clean out that split really, really well - you might have to make the split a bit bigger (with a razor or something) to do that and to fill it properly with the epoxy. Also, if you do epoxy, make sure you use the type that is waterproof and flexible (and cold resistant if you can find it) otherwise there's no real point imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts