Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, buying a new board this year for the first time in 10 years. Haha I know but I liked my old girl. Anyway shits changed. I’m currently deciding between Capita Super DOA, Never Summer Proto Type2 and Yes the greats. Thoughts or suggestions? I’m 5’11” 195 lbs. size 10 boot. Old board was a Sims Ritual with set back. Last year I rode a friends box knife all year. Took awhile to get used to centred stance but grew to love it and I ride duck anyway. Been loving learning to ride and carve switch, who says old dogs can’t learn new tricks haha

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Where do you ride? How do you ride? Anything between 155-160 could hit the sweet spot for all mountain depending on where that mountain is. Lots of powder and steeper terrain, go bigger. No powder, lots of icy terrain, mellower slopes, go smaller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly local Vancouver mountains so at best you might get the odd day with more than 6” of powder but mostly groomers, tree runs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was wondering if anyone had an opinion which of the 3 boards are the best option. Guess it’s hard to get an opinion on the super doa since it’s so new

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
156 Yes Greats could be a good catch all. It's on a wider platform so will still have the surface area for some powder and the shorter length will let you have fun at smaller local hills.

Also look at the Yes Standard if you're less park focused.

·
Registered
185 Posts
156 Yes Greats could be a good catch all. It's on a wider platform so will still have the surface area for some powder and the shorter length will let you have fun at smaller local hills.

Also look at the Yes Standard if you're less park focused.
I don't think I'd wanna be on a 56 greats at 195. You could but it would be a bit soft imo.

Maybe you should get a box knife if you liked it? What makes you pick those boards you mentioned?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts