Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, have been looking into buying a setup and now would like some opinions on what I've found. I've been boarding for a good few years now and I tend to avoid the parks - mostly just tear up the slopes and hit powder when I can find it. So yeh - have been looking for something that carves nicely at speed, isn't bad in powder and can handle choppy slopes.

This years darker series has really caught my eye. It sounds exactly what I'm after and I know it's a nice board but it is on the upper end of my budget so would consider other options if I can get the same result out of it. Looks pretty sweet too :D

Burton Custom I've ridden a few burtons and I really enjoyed the ride, this is a bit cheaper and I like the graphics this year. But is it lacking that extra punch the Lib tech would give?

Slash ATV looks fun if I did choose to improve on my switch I'm not too keen on the fact that it's not forgiving on the turns

Any opinions/other recommendations would be much appreciated. I'm in no rush so want to get this right, I need to look at some bindings as well but that's a whole new ball park :laugh:

Should also add that I'm 6ft, 182 pounds.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If you've got time and want to be deliberate about this then demo the ones you're interested in. No substitute for that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to demo the boards mate but living in the south of the UK is a gigantic pain in the ass when it comes to boarding. It is possible but I'd like to get a few ideas of what I'm after as I won't be able to demo many as it involves quite a journey for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just from reviews on the boards and from what people have said on other forums - perhaps it's not best to compare that board to the others I have posted. Again, I'm really just trying to get opinions and suggestions on what would be best for me, so if you know something I don't please enlighten me :D

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Just from reviews on the boards and from what people have said on other forums - perhaps it's not best to compare that board to the others I have posted. Again, I'm really just trying to get opinions and suggestions on what would be best for me, so if you know something I don't please enlighten me :D
No, it is a reasonable comparison - different camber profiles, but otherwise not dissimilar boards. Just that the comment about forgiveness in turns is bullshit (esp. for the 2012-13 version).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair play mate, well scratch that from the record then...good news for me. Any opinions on the other boards - the darker series in particular?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts