Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Buying bibs with a larger belly?

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  freshy 
#1 ·
So, I'm not the slimmest guy around. I've gotten a bit of a belly, as I've gotten older. I'm 5'10" and weigh around 195 lbs. I usually wear L or XL jackets, and my pants are 34 x 32 in. Last season I tried buying a pair of bibs from a couple of places, but the ones I tried were always tight around my midsection, and made it hard to bend over and sit on the floor.

Do you guys know any brands that could fit better?

#3 ·
Yes, definitely Burton AK Freebird. Size Large fits my belly, as someone similar in size as you. The stretch material is unrestrictive and feels great. I can even layer underneath the bibs (with the straps over my shoulders). 3L Goretex is also very lightweight.

#4 ·
If your going bib because belts are too restrictive you could always try suspenders.
Freebird sounds promising... I used to use bibs but I found trying to layer under them to be a PITA, and having a mid layer on top of the bib kind of defeats the purpose.

#10 ·
I use both bibs and pants, depends on conditions and how my layering strategy fits that day of riding. I only started using bibs 2 seasons ago & it’s great for powder, extra warmth, and streamlining layers. When you’re a snowboarder, there’s a quiver for everything (not just boards & bindings).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.