1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,265 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those are last year's platoon so you may be out of luck this late finding them. If you really want them I'd keep an eye out on ebay or something like that for them.

f00bar also makes a valid suggestion

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found them in small and in large.... but I feel I might be a medium.... I never owned DC, not sure how they fit compared to Burton sizing...

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's a bib so the big difference in sizing is more in girth than length as that can be adjusted. If you're on the upper or lower end your medium Burton pants you might be able to get away with the S or L

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a bib so the big difference in sizing is more in girth than length as that can be adjusted. If you're on the upper or lower end your medium Burton pants you might be able to get away with the S or L
so what do I need to measure on myself to make sure i got right size...

https://thegoodride.com/snowboard-pant-reviews/dc-platoon-bib-pant-review/

looking at this guys review... we have same height but he's 200 pounds.... im about 180, I think L could be too big

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
You could measure you waist (the skinny area above the hips), actual hips, length of inseam (from crotch down to heel), then circumference of upper thigh, middle thigh and calves.That'll give you a good sizing.....compare yours to his.

·
Registered
41 Posts
so what do I need to measure on myself to make sure i got right size...

https://thegoodride.com/snowboard-pant-reviews/dc-platoon-bib-pant-review/

looking at this guys review... we have same height but he's 200 pounds.... im about 180, I think L could be too big
I'm pretty sure the measurements he posted are his own, so I would take measurements in the same areas on yourself, or in the areas phillyphan suggested and see how you compare to the goodride guy. That should give you an idea based on how the medium looks to fit him whether or not you'd be able to size up.

If you're the gambling type and have the cash to spare you could pull the trigger on the large and sell them if they are too big.

Worst case you could look into some other camo pants, there are some good ones out there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered them through Amazon.... if they fit great, if not, I'll return.... main reason I want these, is the style of the camo and the black patches on the side, looks really cool... I didn't know these are bib too, which is a bonus, I'm new rider, on snowy days, these will be great to help reduce any snow from going in my pants considering i'll be falling a lot lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
I own this exact bib. I am 5'11" 180lbs and bought myself a size large. I prefer a loose fit and the large is perfect that it is not snug in any areas. A medium for someone my size might fit a little tight in the midsection as there is a bit of a pull to get them over my azz with the large. If the midsection is a little too big there is also a velcro adjustment to make the waist smaller and belt loops.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I own this exact bib. I am 5'11" 180lbs and bought myself a size large. I prefer a loose fit and the large is perfect that it is not snug in any areas. A medium for someone my size might fit a little tight in the midsection as there is a bit of a pull to get them over my azz with the large. If the midsection is a little too big there is also a velcro adjustment to make the waist smaller and belt loops.
are the pants very long?... got any picture wearing them?

I don't mind the loose fit, I just don't want them to be very baggy

·
Registered
79 Posts
are the pants very long?... got any picture wearing them?

I don't mind the loose fit, I just don't want them to be very baggy
How tall are you?
I personally am a 32 inch inseam at 5'11" and the pants fit me fine length wise. If I'm wearing regular shoes they drag on the floor in the back but with boots on, this is not a problem. I still have some room left on the shoulder straps to make it a bit shorter before I have no more room in the crotch area. Unless you're super short then you shouldn't have a problem. The pants come with a more durable material on the back of the pants bottom to prevent wear and tear and also come with a draw strong inside the cargo pockets that allow you to adjust the length of the pants. Only thing I noticed is that the draw string is attached to only one side of each pant leg so it doesn't effectively shorten the length more than like 2 or 3 inches.

Other than that I love the bib pants, Based off of the same review you posted of the 200lb guy I bought a large because the M seemd to fit him pretty snug and I like to feel free.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How tall are you?
I personally am a 32 inch inseam at 5'11" and the pants fit me fine length wise. If I'm wearing regular shoes they drag on the floor in the back but with boots on, this is not a problem. I still have some room left on the shoulder straps to make it a bit shorter before I have no more room in the crotch area. Unless you're super short then you shouldn't have a problem. The pants come with a more durable material on the back of the pants bottom to prevent wear and tear and also come with a draw strong inside the cargo pockets that allow you to adjust the length of the pants. Only thing I noticed is that the draw string is attached to only one side of each pant leg so it doesn't effectively shorten the length more than like 2 or 3 inches.

Other than that I love the bib pants, Based off of the same review you posted of the 200lb guy I bought a large because the M seemd to fit him pretty snug and I like to feel free.
sounds good, looking forward for mine to arrive, hoping it fits great.... I'm 5"10.... its such a good looking bib, surprised they didn't bring back the camo....

also in person, are the colours more like which picture as in darkness.

first
https://images.the-house.com/dc-platoon-bib-snowboard-pants-camouflage-lodge-men-17-1.jpg

or

second
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/819ss6oYVBL._UL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just ordered them through Amazon.... if they fit great, if not, I'll return.... main reason I want these, is the style of the camo and the black patches on the side, looks really cool... I didn't know these are bib too, which is a bonus, I'm new rider, on snowy days, these will be great to help reduce any snow from going in my pants considering i'll be falling a lot lol
Nice! I hope it works out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts