Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching snowboard profiles evolve has been awesome. Camber death + resurgence was great. But during all that shit there was one that was so gay. Camrock.

I understand the benefit of rocker outside the bindings, pow float etc. But what is the point of camber between them? The whole point of camber is to use the entire effective edge length, correct? So when you get on a camber board your weight mashes it down and that gives you a continuous contact point all along your edge. When you get on a camrock board it does what? Nothing, because there's nothing putting pressure between your bindings. So the camber there is useless.

It seems like companies are going towards flat throughout with rockered tips which I get. Camrock seemed like they were just like "Mur ber dur, whatever. Ill try some shit and see if it sticks, durbs".

Thoughts?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Have you ever ridden it? Hands down my favorite camber profile. All the grip, pop, and locked in feeling of camber but not catchy at all due to the rockers tips. A lot more playful and better float than camber too. Of all the alternate cambers, it's the one that comes closest to giving you the best of them all IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about rocker/camber/rocker in general, not camrock specifically.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Camrock was my favorite of the hybrids too until I tried Lib C3. The camrock just doesnt have enough camber for me.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Thoughts?
My thoughts? You're an idiot. Nearly the entirety of YES, Jones, and Slash are camrock. K2 and Salomon have introduced tweaked versions of it. Burton has introduced it into the line this year on the Process Off Axis and Show Dog, Nitro uses it on the UberSpoon, Ride uses it on the Machete GT, DC uses it, Rossi uses it. Yup, 9 or more board engineers all just herp-dee-derred their way into camrock.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn dude, that's the maddest i've seen you get.You really think CR is gonna be around 4 years from now. What are you riding this year? I bet it isnt CR.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My thoughts? You're an idiot. Nearly the entirety of YES, Jones, and Slash are camrock. K2 and Salomon have introduced tweaked versions of it. Burton has introduced it into the line this year on the Process Off Axis and Show Dog, Nitro uses it on the UberSpoon, Ride uses it on the Machete GT, DC uses it, Rossi uses it. Yup, 9 or more board engineers all just herp-dee-derred their way into camrock.
Lets not forget that Burton Landlord. I'm still stuck between the landlord and yes PYL.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Damn dude, that's the maddest i've seen you get.You really think CR is gonna be around 4 years from now. What are you riding this year? I bet it isnt CR.
Again... have you ridden it? I'm assuming no.

If not, then WTF are you talking about?

I'd bet good money that R/C/R will still be around in 4 years.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
oh i was under the impression that the tail (although minimal) was rocker. Although I haven't gone to heavy into the research as this will be an end of the season purchase.
S rocker is centered on the camber with extra scoop nose. It's literally a twin, centered board on camber with the extra nose.

Kind of funny reading that foolish rant and thinking how his lack of logic was amazing. Shit, we might as well go back to only cambered boards according to that type of thinking.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Watching snowboard profiles evolve has been awesome. Camber death + resurgence was great. But during all that shit there was one that was so gay. Camrock.

I understand the benefit of rocker outside the bindings, pow float etc. But what is the point of camber between them? The whole point of camber is to use the entire effective edge length, correct? So when you get on a camber board your weight mashes it down and that gives you a continuous contact point all along your edge. When you get on a camrock board it does what? Nothing, because there's nothing putting pressure between your bindings. So the camber there is useless.

It seems like companies are going towards flat throughout with rockered tips which I get. Camrock seemed like they were just like "Mur ber dur, whatever. Ill try some shit and see if it sticks, durbs".

Thoughts?
What you're saying applies to any type of hybrid camber... one type will negate the effect of the other; the key that makes the difference is WHERE and by how much in the board is this effect offset.

So you get flat with rockered tips... good for you. Buy that. Other people will like/want something else.

Many award winning boards are Rocker/Camber/Rocker... and many reputable and experienced companies are doing it, so maybe there's something you're not getting.

Durbs.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I lost interest in what you had to say after you use the word gay to replace stupid, dumb, pointless etc.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
So yeah, I guess that confirms it. Frozen has never actually ridden a camrock board and was just talking out his ass. :signlol:

Now he's working on a ban.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whatever. Only point i was trying to make is that camrock doesnt make sense. Quite a few folks feel differently so ill quietly ease out. Jesus christ you guys get serious

·
Registered
624 Posts
My buddy bought the Landlord (after learning he absolutely hated the Juicewagon), and I thought it was more of a flat base, at least compared to the base of my s-rocker Barracuda. I made one run on the Juicewagon and didnt like it at all, nose was too short and very stiff full camber.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Whatever. Only point i was trying to make is that camrock doesnt make sense. Quite a few folks feel differently so ill quietly ease out. Jesus christ you guys get serious
Does your Mom realize you're unsupervised and on the internet? It's probably past your bedtime and your just cranky.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts