Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Damn, Frozen, when you lose it you really go ballistic, don't you?

Forum guidelines specifically warn about homophobic comments (among other things). You've been warned at least once before (I stopped looking after that). At this point, you're on probation.

And how the hell do we getting into such a pissing match about board profiles? What's next? Full-contact philately?

The season can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Damn, Frozen, when you lose it you really go ballistic, don't you?

Forum guidelines specifically warn about homophobic comments (among other things). You've been warned at least once before (I stopped looking after that). At this point, you're on probation.

And how the hell do we getting into such a pissing match about board profiles? What's next? Full-contact philately?

DCsnow
Ban him right away.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
….And how the hell do we getting into such a pissing match about board profiles? What's next? Full-contact philately?

Well, I've been known to throw a few elbows in my day to get a rare stamp or two! Besides,.. If I did Bitch slap someone with my book of stamps? They'd know it by God!!! :signlol: (I'm playin' cuz this year, I've got a longer wait than most 'Yall for the start of My season!) :injured: :rofl3:

Late edit:

You after a lickin?????
OH!!! SNAP!!! THAT ONE HAD ME HOWLIN'!!! :laugh:

·
The Swiss Miss
7,313 Posts
And they say, girls are brawlsome... :slapfest: :dunno:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Seriously if you're going to rant, rant on something worthwhile, like the NAMES of all these ridiculous camber profiles: Flying V, S-Rocker, C3BTX, C2BTX, C3PO, R2D2, gullwing, Rocker Camber (NS), Roofchop, EC2BTX...

The names are retarded, they tell me nothing. What's Camrock, a board with camber under one foot and rocker under the next? And neversummers Rocker Camber? Thanks for throwing both terms at me so that if I'm a noob I think that somehow it's BOTH all built into one!
Marketing gimmicks have taken control of snowboarding and it simply sucks. So much can be told on how a board will handle before trying it just by looking at the real specs.

Last part of my rant: effective edge has NOTHING to do with the base profile. When you tilt your board up 45 degrees on edge, and measure the distance that touches the ground, that has nothing to do with how many C3POs your board has. Sure full camber makes a difference in the amount of energy being transferred to the tips of the board, but saying that camber maximizes your effective edge is just... retarded.
Quoted for truth. I would add some profiles are retarded and marketing gimmicks themselves.

By far the best carving board I've ever been on has an early rise nose, and about 3-4 mm of camber. The second best carving board I've ever been on was cambered as fuck, right to the tips, and a solid 10 mm of camber. The first board had a longer effective edge, and longer sidecut radius.
There's a reason why even modern alpine race boards and boardercross boards use early rise. Every well designed "cambered" board uses an adapted version of the RCR profile. Even what most people consider has "full camber". If a board has an effective edge that is equal to its contact lenght, it won't be fun to ride.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You know the season is near when noobs start to post stupid posts.
I love my rock-out camber or camrock. soft nose and tail for easy presses and cam in between for pop. doesnt sink as much in powerish snow.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Damn dude, that's the maddest i've seen you get.You really think CR is gonna be around 4 years from now. What are you riding this year? I bet it isnt CR.
Yup, I am. Flow Whiteout, Either a Burton Show Dog, Process Off Axis, or Parkitect, and the limited release Custom with Pure Pop. And the best twin I rode last year was the Slash Happy Place. I was gonna ride a Happy Hour but that fell through. Not to mention you basically can't find a bad review of the Salomon Villain.

Come out giving super bold opinions with no evidence to back it up, you're getting yelled at. Sorry brah.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
I knew what i was doing. Holy shit, this place gets fucking boring! Im getting the burton process off axis. Hah duh yuh like me naw??

Edit: removed exclamation points. Replaced with commas. Banged ur mom

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I knew what i was doing. Holy shit, this place gets fucking boring! Im getting the burton process off axis. Hah duh yuh like me naw??

Edit: removed exclamation points. Replaced with commas. Banged ur mom
Frozen

Brain Frozen
Humor Frozen
Maturity Frozen
Self Esteem Frozen

Great Avitar....I'm sure your Mom!! Would be proud?

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
And its avatar dipshit. The site has a built in spell check and you still dicked it.
I knew what i was doing. Holy shit, this place gets fucking boring! Im getting the burton (spell check) process off axis. Hah duh yuh like me naw? nah

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
Frozen is now really starting to sound a lot like DC or Just Flatulent, or any one of their other alters! (…as in "ego's" btw, not a misspelling of avatar!)

Nivek was correct in his assessment of your OP! You come in flaming the shit out of something that has proven to be a very popular board profile, without anything other than personal opinion to bolster your "bold claims!"

And just like those trolls of yore,..? You object in a very nasty fashion to the flaming you receive in response? :crazy3: :dunno:

-edit-
Oh,.. and his misspelling of avatar not withstanding? SnowDog's "Frozen" breakdown was pure gold! However, Frozen! Your breakdown is becoming pretty self evident!!! :shrug:

41 - 60 of 79 Posts