Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
This thread, the stupidest thing ever?????
Naw!! Not even close sonny! You shoulda been here for the great "Troll Wars" summer of 20 & 12!!! Now THOSE had some truly stupid threads!!! ;) :laugh:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
Damn dude, that's the maddest i've seen you get.You really think CR is gonna be around 4 years from now. What are you riding this year? I bet it isnt CR.
Bet this dude feels pretty,... Derrrp-dee-dumb now, eh?? :lol:

(For the record, I love my CR Jones Explorer!!)

I think this might be my first "Necro!" I just stumbled onto it and couldn't resist a 4.5 year old thumb in the eye!! :laugh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just curious... how do you ride Camrock vs Camber outside of pow? Is it simply turning/pressuring more between the feet vs out at the contact points? I rode Camrock for 2 runs and it felt squirrely flat basing it vs camber.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Watching snowboard profiles evolve has been awesome. Camber death + resurgence was great. But during all that shit there was one that was so gay. Camrock.

I understand the benefit of rocker outside the bindings, pow float etc. But what is the point of camber between them? The whole point of camber is to use the entire effective edge length, correct? So when you get on a camber board your weight mashes it down and that gives you a continuous contact point all along your edge. When you get on a camrock board it does what? Nothing, because there's nothing putting pressure between your bindings. So the camber there is useless.

It seems like companies are going towards flat throughout with rockered tips which I get. Camrock seemed like they were just like "Mur ber dur, whatever. Ill try some shit and see if it sticks, durbs".

Thoughts?
Hi Frozen,

You will have to search long and hard to find a camber board today that is not Camrock. All that Camrock (RCR) means is that the camber transitions to rocker before the wide point/contact point. Where the tip/tail rocker begins varies from model to model (so like all profiles this is a broad category) and even a 1 cm change will change the feel of the board dramtically. RCR is the second best selling profile today (behind CRC). This is true even without including all of the boards which are labeled Camber for marketing purposes but are actually RCR. RCR is also growing in relation to all other profiles. Flat has been in decline for the past 4 seasons.

STOKED!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
Well now,.. :laugh:

This certainly didn't play out the way I'd imagined. :blink:

This was a 4.5 year old troll that I necro'd to poke sum fun at that troll Frozen's ridiculous statement that "Camrock" wouldn't still be around in 4 years.

Frozen was banned in 2014 as a result of his ranting & trolling in this thread so this wasn't even about getting back at him. Just thought it would be fun. :lol:
(...I was also waxing a bit nostalgic for the higher quality trolling we used to get around here!) ;) :rofl3:

Just goes to show,... no matter what your original intentions for posting? You just never know how a thread will unfold. :facepalm3: :lol: ;)

:hairy:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Fast forward to 2019 and the majority of "cambered" boards on the market are camrock and the camber is what would've been called "microcamber" a few years back.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Fast forward to 2019 and the majority of "cambered" boards on the market are camrock and the camber is what would've been called "microcamber" a few years back.
Still a fad. We'll all be back to riding traditional camber any minute now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you ever ridden it? Hands down my favorite camber profile. All the grip, pop, and locked in feeling of camber but not catchy at all due to the rockers tips. A lot more playful and better float than camber too. Of all the alternate cambers, it's the one that comes closest to giving you the best of them all IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about rocker/camber/rocker in general, not camrock specifically.
Have you ever ridden it? Hands down my favorite camber profile. All the grip, pop, and locked in feeling of camber but not catchy at all due to the rockers tips. A lot more playful and better float than camber too. Of all the alternate cambers, it's the one that comes closest to giving you the best of them all IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm talking about rocker/camber/rocker in general, not camrock specifically.
Exactly. Not catchy at all. And goes perfectly straight when riding it flat. Had a Burton Custom before, was happy with it then, but never wanted to ride it again since I had the Jones Mountain Twin. Hands down best handling board I ever had.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Exactly. Not catchy at all. And goes perfectly straight when riding it flat. Had a Burton Custom before, was happy with it then, but never wanted to ride it again since I had the Jones Mountain Twin. Hands down best handling board I ever had.
You're agreeing with a comment from 2014, time to move on people, let's stop flogging this dead horse :D

61 - 79 of 79 Posts