Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to snowboarding and after trying it a few times with a rental I've decided to go out and buy a used one. I bought a 2010 stepchild mustache rider and I realized after the fact that it is a woman's board. I've heard they can be a bit softer and not as wide and I'm wondering if this will be a big problem or not. I'm 5'10 at 130 pounds, the board is 152 cm so it should be fine for my height

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You pretty much already highlighted the possible issues one would have, namely softer flex and narrower width.

I will mention that boards aren't sized on height but weight. Their 2010 catalog doesn't mention a weight range so it's not helpful anyhow.

If your feet/boots don't have too much overhang, I wouldn't worry too much about it and ride the board. You're quite light at 130lbs so it should work relatively well.

Seems like it's a reverse-camber board so it'll be a good, soft and playful/forgiving board for you to progress on. Once you get better you can go for something stiffer and more aggressive if you want.

Have fun!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm relatively new to snowboarding and after trying it a few times with a rental I've decided to go out and buy a used one. I bought a 2010 stepchild mustache rider and I realized after the fact that it is a woman's board. I've heard they can be a bit softer and not as wide and I'm wondering if this will be a big problem or not. I'm 5'10 at 130 pounds, the board is 152 cm so it should be fine for my height
yes decks are decks they don’t check your jumblies prior to letting you mount up. Also the mustache rider is a hilarious name, I hope your are strongly considering growing a stache

·
Registered
475 Posts
Also the mustache rider is a hilarious name, I hope your are strongly considering growing a stache
It is hilarious. However, I'm guessing that name wouldn't fly nowadays for a women's board due to the strong sexual connotation and since everything's offensive to everyone at the moment and for the forseeable future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts