Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all!

I am currently looking to purchase a new set of bindings but cant decide between -

Rome 390 Boss
or
Burton Malavita

they will be going on a Bataleon Aerobic 151 and I will be doing all mountain riding and be going in the park too. I am a beginner in the park but I am capable of doing any sort of run.

Thanks!

(also up for any other binding suggestions people have!)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you want canting rome and need adjustability to center your boot rome, otherwise both are great bindings. The burtons will be lighter if that matters.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Both the 390 Boss and the Malavitas have canting.
I suppose it's technically true the vita's have canting with the autocant footbed. I'm not sure I would consider it canting in the same way rome and others do it. Isn't the auto-cant about a .5 deg v. rome where you have customizable 0, 2 and 3.5 deg options

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
I suppose it's technically true the vita's have canting with the autocant footbed. I'm not sure I would consider it canting in the same way rome and others do it. Isn't the auto-cant about a .5 deg v. rome where you have customizable 0, 2 and 3.5 deg options
Nah, the effect is pretty much the same. In any case canting should really be in the boot, not in the binding...

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
all things being equal canting is overrated imo

Nah, the effect is pretty much the same. In any case canting should really be in the boot, not in the binding...
pretty sure the jury is out on that one. Canted footbeds are out there but its not like it revolutionized, or even really impacted that industry for that matter.

sims xwedge would just be one example and that is new tech even further away from your foot. And apparently it works.

Another example is I have pretty extreme pronation, so introducing this in the boot would be disastrous for me compared to keeping it on the binding or board.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
pretty sure the jury is out on that one. Canted footbeds are out there but its not like it revolutionized, or even really impacted that industry for that matter.

sims xwedge would just be one example and that is new tech even further away from your foot. And apparently it works.

Another example is I have pretty extreme pronation, so introducing this in the boot would be disastrous for me compared to keeping it on the binding or board.
Nah, it should not be in the footbed/insoles, it should be in the midsole/shell.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
They help align you into a more natural and less stressful position on wider stances.
Most people ride with about a shoulder width stance. Some, usually rail rats like an even wider stance. Canting can relieve some of the pressure from that.

Probaly some benefit for those with knee problems too.

I think maybe alpine guys like canting too for other reasons.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Nah, it should not be in the footbed/insoles, it should be in the midsole/shell.
So you're thinking something similar to the way they do it with ski boots? It would be a more elegant and accurate solution for sure; I'm just not sure how you would do it with a soft boot setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts