Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I got a new 2018-2019 Bataleon Goliath and when I asked customer support if it's slope ready I got this reply:
"The board is factory waxed, but to make sure the base is really fast there is the little trick of waxing it 3 times before your first turns. This makes sure your base is really saturated with wax and it should not dry out too fast!"
3 times? Seems excessive to me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
So I got a new 2018-2019 Bataleon Goliath and when I asked customer support if it's slope ready I got this reply:
"The board is factory waxed, but to make sure the base is really fast there is the little trick of waxing it 3 times before your first turns. This makes sure your base is really saturated with wax and it should not dry out too fast!"
3 times? Seems excessive to me. Any thoughts?
Make sure you properly wax the flux capacitor! very important.

Also... just hot wax it once when new before you ride it if you care about glide. From then on keep it reasonably waxed every once in a while, or more if you really care about glide.

A freshly waxed board feels awesome, but it lasts very little. What I do is... wax 1 or 2 boards whenever I feel like it.... then keep it waxed without scraping. That way when I want to ride it, I only have to scrape it. Takes half the hassle off the decision to wax+scrape which is pretty annoying.

When I win the lotto, I'll have hot maids waxing and scraping boards for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Make sure you properly wax the flux capacitor! very important.

Also... just hot wax it once when new before you ride it if you care about glide. From then on keep it reasonably waxed every once in a while, or more if you really care about glide.

A freshly waxed board feels awesome, but it lasts very little. What I do is... wax 1 or 2 boards whenever I feel like it.... then keep it waxed without scraping. That way when I want to ride it, I only have to scrape it. Takes half the hassle off the decision to wax+scrape which is pretty annoying.

When I win the lotto, I'll have hot maids waxing and scraping boards for me.
I was doing the regular waxing anyway and I know that factories usually do a shitty wax job but If you do it right the first time wouldn't the board be already saturated? I don't get this 3 times waxing thing. It seems like a waste of time and wax. Unless you have hot maids doing it for you and you wanna just enjoy the view.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I was doing the regular waxing anyway and I know that factories usually do a shitty wax job but If you do it right the first time wouldn't the board be already saturated? I don't get this 3 times waxing thing. It seems like a waste of time and wax. Unless you have hot maids doing it for you and you wanna just enjoy the view.
Yeah, no need to wax 3 times. Wax it once, then wax as you use it depending what sort of snow you ride, how often you go and how much you want a nice gliding base.

A lot of people don't care. Some are olympic racers and wax for each run. The answer is somewhere inbetween.

·
Registered
8,131 Posts
Idk, but methinks waxing 3 times was in reference to the maids.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Not sure about 3... But at minimum, 2. First with a warm temp or base conditioner wax. Then your normal wax of choice... So that's 2.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Base conditioner wax? That's the first time I hear about this one. How's it suppose to help in addition to what regular wax does? I usually use the Demon All Temp graphite (black) or Demon all temp fluoro (blue)

·
Registered
872 Posts
It's a very soft hydrocarbon wax made to penetrate deeper into the pores of the base. You can buy specific ones from Swix/Toko, Dominator, etc, or use warm temp hydrocarbon wax.

See this video also.

Iirc, he uses a base conditioner wax in his demo

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've seen the video some time ago. I just didn't realize he used a special wax. I've seen all toko maintenance videos. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. You learn something everyday It seems. I'll check the toko product range. Thanks.
It's strange though that the guy from Bataleon who sent me the message with waxing 3 times didn't mention anything about their 3BT wax or using different friction coefficient wax for the 3BT.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts