Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father told me he really envy me because snowboard boots are much easier than ski boots for walking.
So I searched on internet and I find out that snowboard bindings for ski already exist:
There are also more professional stuff:
My goal now is trying to attach snowboard bindings to a pair of ski.

Do you think that snowboard bindings with mini disk (2 x 4) could fit on a ski?
I know I have first to make the holes but that will not be a problem, I will go to a professional shop with a pair of second hand ski to test them first.
Do you know if anyone have already successfully tried to attach snowboard bindings to ski?
Any technical suggestion apart form the mini disks?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Are you trolling? There aren't too many skiers around here. My first thought is that snowboard bindings don't release on impact. I'd imagine you'd be likely to break your legs strapping directly into a ski with snowboard bindings.

·
Super Moderator
6,252 Posts
Yeah, twisting breaks if you windmill, broken knees if you get tossed forward... talk about darwinning.

I agree that ski boots are an invention of the devil, though. If someone invented a ski boot with the required support but the comfort of a snowboard boot, they'd make a bundle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, this is the feedback I wanted.
I will drop my insane idea and get a Dahu for them, they look way more professional than my Frankenstein idea

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not sure about mounting snowboard bindings to skis, but I did ride with a skier who used the Mad Jacks binding and he loved them. He was pretty damn good too. I don't think they are cheap, but he said he was never going back to traditional ski boots after making the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts