Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
What bugs do Contours have? I have 2 Contour GPS's and never had a problem with either them... INCLUDING the Bluetooth/ sync view a lot of people complain about. If you *properly* update the software regularly, Contours work great.

Most people are just tech-retarded and bitch and moan before they spend time to figure out the problem. Just because you can turn on a laptop, doesn't mean you know what you're doing with it.

Back on topic though, Sony's looks fine. Probably going to be good competition with Contour and GoPro. Unfortunately, this probably just means that GoPros will only get more and more expensive.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Sony

The sny exmor action cam is very good. Comparable to the contour and gopro

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What bugs do Contours have? I have 2 Contour GPS's and never had a problem with either them... INCLUDING the Bluetooth/ sync view a lot of people complain about. If you *properly* update the software regularly, Contours work great.

Most people are just tech-retarded and bitch and moan before they spend time to figure out the problem. Just because you can turn on a laptop, doesn't mean you know what you're doing with it.

Back on topic though, Sony's looks fine. Probably going to be good competition with Contour and GoPro. Unfortunately, this probably just means that GoPros will only get more and more expensive.
There are known issues with the internal mics, the other big complaint was the recessed lens collecting snow. The sony obviously won't have the snow collection issue.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My Contour +2 has been great, GPS and Bluetooth work fine for me too..
I just really like the LCD screen on the GoPros.

Sony is still on my black list, I've had terrible luck with their products in the past. Mostly TVs and Cameras. JUNK!

Atleast the ones I had..

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are known issues with the internal mics, the other big complaint was the recessed lens collecting snow. The sony obviously won't have the snow collection issue.
I haven't used mine for snowboarding, so I'm unaware of this problem. They make a waterproof case that could probably eliminate this problem though... It's completely flush.

As for the internal mic, I've seen a lot of complaints on the wind noise... but that can easily be fixed simply by adjusting the sensitivity with the software. (Yes, it takes time/ several attempts to adjust it right, but it WORKS.) For my motorcycle, i set it at 15-20 (out of 100) sensitivity. This eliminates the wind noise, but allows the exhaust to be heard. They also make "hairy" covers for the mic (which I haven't used) that is suppose to cut it down too.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
I haven't used mine for snowboarding, so I'm unaware of this problem. They make a waterproof case that could probably eliminate this problem though... It's completely flush.

As for the internal mic, I've seen a lot of complaints on the wind noise... but that can easily be fixed simply by adjusting the sensitivity with the software. (Yes, it takes time/ several attempts to adjust it right, but it WORKS.) For my motorcycle, i set it at 15-20 (out of 100) sensitivity. This eliminates the wind noise, but allows the exhaust to be heard. They also make "hairy" covers for the mic (which I haven't used) that is suppose to cut it down too.
You do know Contour is out of business?

The Sony cam looks nice. I am probably going to get the Drift Ghost this year. The lens is not recessed and I am quite happy with my Drift HD, which also does not have a recessed lens. The remote is a great feature and the lcd screen is nice from time to time.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts

I'd say being out of business would be a significant bug. Accordingly, probably not going to compete with Contour much. Good luck with your future software updates. :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

My first +2 had problems. Dropped about 2/3rds of my videos, froze when uploading, digital glitches. I contacted Contour and they told me to just return it to Best Buy. I exchanged it and my new one has worked flawlessly. But my problems were shared by many users on the Contour help forums. And it was a pretty sketchy that a lot of the posts documenting these problems were deleted by Contour. But my new +2 is everything I could ask for in a POV cam. Hopefully Sony can fill the void.

·
Super Moderator
6,336 Posts
And for the record, the mike problem wasn't fixable by adjusting parameters or software upgrades. It was a hardware issue, not a technofeeb issue.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You do know Contour is out of business?

The Sony cam looks nice. I am probably going to get the Drift Ghost this year. The lens is not recessed and I am quite happy with my Drift HD, which also does not have a recessed lens. The remote is a great feature and the lcd screen is nice from time to time.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Ooo I just looked up the drift ghost. I love the rotating lens (a feature I use all the time on my contour).

I've thought about grabbing another contour now before they all dissapear. hmm

:dunno:

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Flashed my contour Roam 1 with Roam 2 F/W. Enjoying a $99 720p 60 fps camera quite a lot! Used it underwater, no issues...

It's too bad they folded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts