Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought my first directional S-Rocker snowboard. I know that its meant to be used in powder but can anyone tell me if it can carve on groomers, will i be able to do butters?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi, I just bought my first directional S-Rocker snowboard. I know that its meant to be used in powder but can anyone tell me if it can carve on groomers, will i be able to do butters?
A specific camber doesn't remotely say enough about how it will ride in any conditions. camber is only one small part of the story. We need a lot more than that to give advice. But yes it will ride on groom, yes it will butter. Almost any board will with a decent rider. But will it be the best board for it, we need to know the board, not the camber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A specific camber doesn't remotely say enough about how it will ride in any conditions. camber is only one small part of the story. We need a lot more than that to give advice. But yes it will ride on groom, yes it will butter. Almost any board will with a decent rider. But will it be the best board for it, we need to know the board, not the camber.
thanks for reply, its Elan explore plus R, I bought it because it was on 70% sale and i couldnt find any review of this board on the internet

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
thanks for reply, its Elan explore plus R, I bought it because it was on 70% sale and i couldnt find any review of this board on the internet
Oooffff good luck finding much help on that, Elan made skis last I knew. never heard of an Elan snowboard. I doubt anyone here knows much if anything about it. Dyou have information on it?

Also, for future online purchasing purposes, percent off doesn't mean anything, especially online. It's usually a made up price discounted down to what they ACTUALLY want to sell it for to make it look like a deal to good to pass up. Here's my snowboard $500 snowboard but I'm gonna say it's $2,000 so I can say it's 75% off when I charge $500

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooffff good luck finding much help on that, Elan made skis last I knew. never heard of an Elan snowboard. I doubt anyone here knows much if anything about it. Dyou have information on it?

Also, for future online purchasing purposes, percent off doesn't mean anything, especially online. It's usually a made up price discounted down to what they ACTUALLY want to sell it for to make it look like a deal to good to pass up. Here's my snowboard $500 snowboard but I'm gonna say it's $2,000 so I can say it's 75% off when I charge $500
yeah, its gonna be a tough one, it only costed me $100 so unfortunately i didnt bother to search it up on the internet before buying. thanks for your info and time mate.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
If S rocker means, early rise/rocker nose and traditional camber under foot. It could be great...I ride a Amplid Creamer 163 that has some rocker in the nose and mild camber underfoot and blast groomers at 60mph/100kph. And Elan has made boards for decades...almost bought one about 10 yrs ago and it was a stiff mutha...they are a tad rare on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Elan had good snowboards for awhile, but think they turned more to the local market and rentals in the later years, and the snowboard brand faded out after the factory bankruptcy in 2013. They made skis and snowboards for a lot of other brands.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Short of a skate banana, I think you’re fine. If you can set an edge, you can have fun on groomers. There’s a pic out in the internet of Jeremy Jones euro craving on a swallow tail with extreme rocker. Not saying that the average person can do it but it’s possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts