Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well either I'm wrong or Jones is wrong. Just based on the picture of the mountain twin flipped around AND their own specs, the tip and tail are identical length.

The marketing and specs on this board make absolutely no sense. If the "twin flex pattern" is set back it isn't a twin flex pattern.

But it doesn't matter, 1cm either way makes no difference, it won't stop you from spinning and jibbing.
Yeah I was even told their 2020 board advertises that you can ride it like a true twin

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
To me having the set back stance but true twin flex makes the board more versatile. I can rock it as a twin in the park/ all moutian and then set it back for a pow/freeride day

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
When you say that you mean they don't give correct answers?

They just give out yobro nudges towards buying boards, avoid the questions completely, and seem terrified of giving out any info as if they are completely clueless.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
To me having the set back stance but true twin flex makes the board more versatile. I can rock it as a twin in the park/ all moutian and then set it back for a pow/freeride day
Really, Jones has exactly the right idea here but their marketing is all f'd up.

Most of my 159-ish true twin boards max out at a ridiculous 25.25" stance which I've never seen anyone ever use, so the forward-most insert hole is pretty much a waste because nobody wants to set a board forward of center. But setting a board back for powder is a great idea, especially on a true twin. So moving both insert packs back by 2cm gives you more room to set the stance back for powder and loses nothing except the ability to have a 25.25" park-Jerry stance width.

So yeah, ALL true twins should have 2cm setback inserts with a max stance width of ~24" as far as I'm concerned. Changes nothing when you ride centered and gives you more room to slide bindings back in pow.

And yeah, the Mountain Twin is a true twin shape, they're just wrong about that. If they have some kind of reinforcement in the layup that's set back 2cm I can see how that could change the flex pattern to not true twin, but even their specs list a centered stance in addition to the reference one.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Taking it out tomorrow. Will post how it rides centered

·
Registered
685 Posts
@Bheine7
Didn't you sell your DC board after like... 2 rides? You're kinda looking all over the place for a board and it sounds like you buy without doing much research, try things out, second guess yourself, and then post about it looking for reassurance.

Then you get even more confused and frustrated with the responses...

Here's the video for the JMT :

They say it's their park board, but unlike most park boards they seem to size up. Their rider in that video is 5'11 and 150 lbs and rides a 157. I feel like that's a bit big for a park board, no? I feel like most folks here would probably recommend a 153-155 for that but I guess that's what that rider likes!

Re: goodride
Go watch their review of the party platter to see why they're so bizarre.

Edit: Looks like you already listed the board for sale.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
@Bheine7
Didn't you sell your DC board after like... 2 rides? You're kinda looking all over the place for a board and it sounds like you buy without doing much research, try things out, second guess yourself, and then post about it looking for reassurance.

Then you get even more confused and frustrated with the responses...

Here's the video for the JMT :

They say it's their park board, but unlike most park boards they seem to size up. Their rider in that video is 5'11 and 150 lbs and rides a 157. I feel like that's a bit big for a park board, no? I feel like most folks here would probably recommend a 153-155 for that but I guess that's what that rider likes!

Re: goodride
Go watch their review of the party platter to see why they're so bizarre.

Edit: Looks like you already listed the board for sale.
No I've actually done a ton of research on the boards. I live in Ohio and don't have access to board demos so i can only go off what others say. I watched all the reviews i could on every board before i buy them. Guess what though... Reading a review and riding them are two different things. Are you the snowboard police?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Relax.

And don't take the goodrides word on ish. Did you watch the party platter review yet?

Also. No review freaking matters if the board does what you want it to and you enjoy it...

PS: I felt the same way about my yup but decided to keep it and power through. Getting rid of it then would have been a terrible idea. I'm stoked I decided to stick with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So i rode it yesterday and it was completely fine rideing it centered @drblast was correct

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dude, I'm not 10 years old. I literally said what I had to you. If you read that post and think it's my giving you 'attitude' then that's your prerogative.

Enjoy the board.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the extra length is at the tip of the nose by a cm or two, the contact points treat as true twin you wont feel it really at all switch, but itll help with reg stance carves and staying on top of deeps

·
Registered
513 Posts
Anyone actually done this?
Yes, I have... not on a Jones though. On a board with 'bout the same setback as yours. It was just a tad less precisely but not so much that I couldn't quickly adjust to it.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts