Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just paid $1600 CAN for a Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay pass. I see the Americans have an Epic pass with many more mountains for $700 bucks. We really get the shaft north of the border.

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Holy shit dude... Well I guess we'll be meeting up in Louise more often

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Btw still can't find u on fb

·
Registered
756 Posts
As an American living in Alberta, I can confirm that you guys are getting the shaft. Food, beer, gas, housing, everything.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Work is still paying for my pass, but yeah shit ain't cheap here either. $699 is early bird for just one hill.

·
Super Moderator
6,327 Posts
Just paid $1600 CAN for a Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay pass. I see the Americans have an Epic pass with many more mountains for $700 bucks. We really get the shaft north of the border.
It may just be the area. I paid $800 for a family pass to Seymour, and $300 for an individual pass to Cypress.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I am paying $850 to ride Mt. Bachelors cascade cement all season. I'd pay double that for more terrain options. I wish I had three resorts to ride with Canadian powder all season.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wooo, Norquay !

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Paid 800 for first tier pricing at crystal goes for 1100 at the priciest. It does include 10 additional days at Snoqualmie and 10 additional days for any other Boyne resort. I'll be making use of some of the additional days with the trip to big sky in February.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I paid $2400 for passes to two mountains. *shrug*

You get what you pay for, ultimately. Even if you don't see it directly, it goes somewhere, someway.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Alberta is the cheap part of Canada.
Yep, lowest taxes, cheapest fuel, reasonable housing prices compared to Toronto or Vancouver... VERY high average salary. Alberta's pretty fuckin' good!

We paid $2500 for two passes but that was the early bird deal. We got Lake Louise, Fernie, Nakiska, Kicking Horse and Kimberley.

You do get what you pay for.

Arsenal, remember that people come from all over the world to ski/board what we have within a 2 hour drive from home! A single pass to Louise is $650 early season, what's Sunshine worth? Seems $1600 is a lot just for a Big 3 pass...

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Yeah, Canada is retarded expensive across the board. Lived in Alberta and BC for a while. Even the little things are often twice as much.

It may just be the area. I paid $800 for a family pass to Seymour, and $300 for an individual pass to Cypress.
You're comparing Seymour and Cypress to Lake Louise and Sunshine...

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
You're comparing Seymour and Cypress to Lake Louise and Sunshine...
For the folks that have never been to any of these...

Seymour = 1000 ft vert - 200 acres
Cypress = 2000 ft vert - 600 acres

Lake Louise = 3200 ft vert - 4200 acres
Sunshine = 3500 ft vert - 3400 acres

If you go by resort size, the passes we get here aren't cheap, but they're in line with equivalent prices. I think the Colorado area is just particularly cheap. Other US areas aren't that cheap from what I remember.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts