Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking to pair up some bindings with my forum destroyer doubledog and absolutely cannot decide...

nailed it down to:

Rome 390 boss
Raiden Zero
Union Contact Pro

I had originally looked at the Raiden Phantom too and still think its awesome but have just shyed away from the stiffness.

I'm looking for the all mountain freestyle type of binding. I ride park, back country etc

What do you think would be best suited? I am WELL AWARE that the 390boss is canted and the others aren't etc. I am also well aware of the bindings tech and what not...I just want to know what people would think would be best suited to the board.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also considering Burton's Malavita...could be out of the price range though!

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Yeah Phantoms and 390's are fairly similar. The Malavitas are stiffer than both. Cartels are probably a little closer at this point. Zeros and Contact pros will be fairly soft on that ride.

If it were mine I'd put Salomon Holograms, K2 Formulas, or Flow Fuse SE's on it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Phantoms and 390's are fairly similar. The Malavitas are stiffer than both. Cartels are probably a little closer at this point. Zeros and Contact pros will be fairly soft on that ride.

If it were mine I'd put Salomon Holograms, K2 Formulas, or Flow Fuse SE's on it...
Do you think the unions and zeros would be so soft as to lose a lot of response from the board? It's just funny listening to their reviews and they'll say "real nice and soft for the park and jibs, but still kills it out in the pow" bit of a contradiction but yeah..i dunno.

I've rode the 2012 flow era last season with some crappy flow quattro's and I just personally don't dig the bindings, took them off after one day and swapped them in for some 09 390's...board was killer IMO but wouldn't swing back into their bindings.

I can never make my mind up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do you think the unions and zeros would be so soft as to lose a lot of response from the board? It's just funny listening to their reviews and they'll say "real nice and soft for the park and jibs, but still kills it out in the pow" bit of a contradiction but yeah..i dunno.
90% rider, 10% gear. If people prefer softer bindings for their riding, it's a great binding. If you don't like softer bindings, then they aren't. It's as simple as that.

And that is why reviews you read on the internet don't hold much weight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90% rider, 10% gear. If people prefer softer bindings for their riding, it's a great binding. If you don't like softer bindings, then they aren't. It's as simple as that.

Fair call for sure, cheers mate

·
Registered
9,302 Posts

I think it needs to be clarified this is true to a point. Even for someone that likes soft bindings it does not make sense to ride something like Hurrithanes or Burton Bootleggers on a Highlife or BX. Just like it really doesn't make any sense to ride a Nitro Sub Zero with Diodes.

OP: None of them will rob response from the Destroyer. Just based on you wanting it for more of an all mountain ride it's more likely than not the Zero's and Contact Pro's will feel a bit soft compared to what the boards will want to do.

If you skate and like tight trucks, go for a stiffer binding. If you like loose trucks go for the softer ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I ended up buying the Contact Pro's, to me I feel as though they will best suit my style of riding, can't wait for them to arrive! Just gotta get them across the Pacific Ocean first...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i paired mine up with forum republics. i love it, stiffest bindings in forums lineup at a 6. so i can still rip in the park but have reasonable control and speed on the groomers, other than that i would go contact pro. i personally think union are making some of the best quality bindings on the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts