Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide between trs c2 btx or banana magic. I am 5'10 170 pounds mostly freeride on groomers barely ever go into the park. Both boards got good reviews.

I have ridden the trs btx before it had c2 and loved it but the banana magic sounds really intriguing even though the price doesn't. The only thing I am not found of on the trs is the tnt base, that is why I am leaning towards the magic.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Despite not being sintered, I still find the TNT base on stuff like the TRS and Phoenix series to be pretty fast.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Despite not being sintered, I still find the TNT base on stuff like the TRS and Phoenix series to be pretty fast.

Do you have any problems getting through flats without stalling? I heard a lot of complaints about it slowing down pretty quickly on the flats.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dunno about the trs but I just rode my 09-10 magic for the first time today and it's an awesome board.

That doesn't help much...sorry.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have this years skunk ape and it is just the wide version of the TRS and I haven't had any problems on the flats - well it was a little slow (didn't have to unstrap though!) at the end of today, but to be fair I hadn't waxed my board in 6 days up, and today it was like -15C which is definitely colder than the listed temps for the all temp wax I have.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other opinions? I am looking to order a board today. Anyone know if one board is stiffer than the other?

·
Registered
648 Posts
dont let the TRS's TNT base be the deciding factor. It is quite fast for a extruded base and keeps up well with my friend's sintered Custom.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up going with the magic, it just seems like it was meant more for freeriding and from the reviews seems like it should float in powder a little better.

Probably not worth the price, but as long as I really like the board I won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I ended up going with the magic, it just seems like it was meant more for freeriding and from the reviews seems like it should float in powder a little better.

Probably not worth the price, but as long as I really like the board I won't regret it.
Actually, this is one of the few top tier priced boards that I truly feel is worth the money. With all the eco-friendly construction and weight reduction going on, it's worth it to those who can afford it.

I'd much rather shell out for a Magic than the more expensive Burton Vapor.

If you are a freerider, I guarantee that you'll love this board. It is stiffer than the TRS by the way.

Wait until you lay your first carves with this thing. You'll forget about how much money you spent on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i agree with leo. i ended up getting a steal on this board and it is great. i love pow groomers park and almost everything snowboarding has to offer. this boards realy does it all without a problem. Best board out right now hands down. but thts probab;y cause i own it ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, excited to try it out in a couple weeks.

Leo, you would probably be the best to answer this. Is the banana magic as stiff as the t.rice? Or is it somewhere inbetween the trs and t.rice?

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
i agree with leo. i ended up getting a steal on this board and it is great. i love pow groomers park and almost everything snowboarding has to offer. this boards realy does it all without a problem. Best board out right now hands down. but thts probab;y cause i own it ;)
Thanks guys, excited to try it out in a couple weeks.

Leo, you would probably be the best to answer this. Is the banana magic as stiff as the t.rice? Or is it somewhere inbetween the trs and t.rice?
It's been a while since I've been on the two boards. Lib Tech rates them the same stiffness, but off of memory, I thought the T.Rice was a bit stiffer.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Leo;351581 Wait until you lay your first carves with this thing. You'll forget about how much money you spent on it.[/QUOTE said:
I completely agree with this statement. Thursday I took my magic out for the first time and at first I was kinda iffy about how it was holding edges and what not, not knowing if it was the magnetraction or the reverse camber.

But after a few runs and getting used to it....it carves like crazy.

Granted I went from a Ride All Mountain board from like 2002 to this 2010 Magic...but it felt like going from a Harley Davidson full dresser to a Ducati 1098.

It just holds and edge so incredible and you power thru the turns.

I cannot wait to get back out and ride again...but it's been about 50 degrees our for the last couple of days in Michigan and now conditions probably blow. Buuuut.... On moving to Denver in about a month so I'll get a lot more use out of it soon enough.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I'm going to Holly tomorrow for day sesh Turbo. Weather is dropping back down and supposed to get a little snow. That coupled with the probability that they will make more snow is good enough for me lol. Besides, this is a rare opening in my packed schedule this year so I'll take it.

·
Registered
647 Posts

Not worth the price? That thing is a piece of art. When you are done riding that board you can hang it on the wall, that is the coolest looking snowboard I've ever seen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts