Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
google is not finding me anything......

is there a cant maker still? pads for inside the binding or a plate for 4 holes binding?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks right pretty much...google translate isnt really helping to find what the degree of cant is, how much, how to order online or anything..can you tell me Tokyo Dom? how much is 3,990 yen in US $?

thanks for the link!

may just do a custom one from some foam i have here if this doesnt work out...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
either will do...kinda like the idea of a foam cant inside the binding, but if a 4 hole plate under exists, i'm interested
By accident, because I'm a stupid fucking noob that didn't know any better, I used thin foam pads underneath my old bindings all of last year and most of this one. I was just doing it because I liked the idea of extra cushioning but now I realized there was also a bit of automatic canting going on with them since the inside portions of the foam on each binding (i.e. inside side of each foot) would get worn down much more than the other. It was just that shitty foam you can get in the arts and craft section at the store. Held up OK, but had to change it every once in a while. If you could find something more durable it might be something to look into. But again, I will remind you that I know absolutely shit about this stuff so take this for what it's worth.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually have some foam that will be ideal imo...high density, closed cell waterproof stuff that was part of a kayak roofrack...just dont know if i can fabricate as cleanly as a commercial cant would be...need to make it so i can still lift the flap to get at my screws...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
initial, 15 min fabrication so far...it actually wedges in there very snug, may not even need to secure it, maybe just some stickyback velcro patches or something...just eyeballed it, cut very easily with a hacksaw...ideal material imo, kinda rubbery

gotta say, on dry land it feels frikkn killer, very cush! may need to make a thin, flat one for the front, just so the riser matches.... gonna ride it tomorrow, get it tuned in, BAM, gonna get my Aframe on yo!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Late to the party but the POWCANT pads are 2 degrees and 3990yen is about $43 at the moment. The 4935yen ($55 or so?) pack includes special washers and extended bolts to make sure that you still have your bindings securely fastened.

Rakuten is supposed to be pushing global sales these days, the English version is here Rakuten: Pow cant - Shopping Japanese products from Japan
Seems that they dont ship overseas, but if anyone wants them i can get them and post them on.

Seems like the OP has progressed tho and probably doesnt need them anymore :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Is that your lead foot? Kind of looks like you have the canting running the wrong way. It should lean in towards you body's midline. Maybe I am picturing it wrong though.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh, the damn strap would get in the way of my stomp pad, so a started riding them like this...same difference

·
Registered
538 Posts
LOL, looks good then, will have to find some HD foam to throw on my old rock board on my old Burton customs. Have gotten accustomed to canting. Did you use something to angle the canting or just wing it?

Edit: See you just winged it, curious to know how they feel after a day or two of riding.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i left it thick on purpose, thinking it will compress a bit, i think i have about 10 degrees cant there! added 2 strips of velcro under too, and a flat 1/4" pad for the front to even it up...thinking this will be a cush ride..

fyi..hacksaw worked great for the cutting, took 10 seconds

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn i should done this at the beginning of the season! it rides great, was super-cush and a great knee position (for me)...need for it all to compess a bit more, or i just need to get more used to it, there was a very noticeable dampening effect/loss of feel to the snow.....that could actually be very useful to some people for whom all the vibration hurts the knees (i know how i want it when i'm Santa-boarder in 30 yrs! LOL)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts