Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Deacon, you're kind of a wise ass aren't you? I like it. I like my canted bindings too. I can tell it in my knees. Helps as you get older I think.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Lol, just a little. I like mine too, but OP's question is pretty vague.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you don't already have problems or uncomfort in your knees, you probably won't be able to tell much of a difference. I couldn't. If you're knees are giving you problems though, a lot of times the canting will ease the pressure a bit.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Canted bindings definitely have a noticeable difference in reduced knee pain/fatigue and general comfort. How important that is to you probably depends on what kind of shape your knees are in. The footbed makes a difference as well, as the soft, minimal footbeds on ones like the NOW line are not canted but just as comfortable if not more so than canted ones I've owned like the K2 Formula.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have noticed people talking about canted bindings and the degree you can have. I was wondering on how to change the degree of your footbeds and padding. Do the come with a couple sets with different degree or is there a way to adjust the setting??

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Depends on the binding. My company's have canting, but it's not adjustable. I think union makes some that have interchangeable pads. I'm pretty sure Wrathful (might have been somebody else here) has macgyver'd his own canted footbeds.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
if you are unsure but would like to try canting check out rome 390 boss or targas as they both come with pads that have canting and pads that don't. I like canting, it took me a few times to get used to it but now i really like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts