Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bid on a used 2019/2020 Capita doa, but just noticed the edges. I got it for 290, wondering if that’s still worth it?

thanks,
Rajat K
Hood Netbook Bumper Communication Device Rectangle

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Is that just the top sheet or is the metal there bent too? If the metal is bent there and it came like that then you basically bought a wall hangar.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't see the edge as cracked. The topsheet and sidewall a bit yes but it's just cosmetic.
The edge might have taken a bit of impact from the hit that did the topsheet/sidewall damage (hard to see here) but at the point where it meets the sidewall (as opposed to the surface that comes in contact with the snow) and doesn't seem deformed or cracked.
If I'm right you're good to go. If you want confirmation take a close-up picture of that zone but from the underside (base) of the board.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Tough to tell from one photo. But looks ok to me. Sidewall impact damage but still intact? Top sheet chip. Looks like the edge is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m getting more pictures of the edge below, but I presume the metal is unbent. If it is unbent, will I need to make sidewall repairs, and is 290 still a good deal for this board?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Above the impact spot it sort of looks like your edge is delaminating from the next layer. This happened to my bsod alot. Squeeze between the base and top sheet with your fingers, if it closes and opens with pressure then you should bring it to a shop

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think you over paid for a used deck with damage like that. Depending on the extent of the damage as other have said you bought a wall hanger; if repairable the repair will likely end up costing you enough to justify having bought a new board, or at least one without damage.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I think you over paid for a used deck with damage like that. Depending on the extent of the damage as other have said you bought a wall hanger; if repairable the repair will likely end up costing you enough to justify having bought a new board, or at least one without damage.
It's definitely not a wall hanger and it's a very cheap and easy fix, if it even needs it.I don't even need more photos youcan see the metal edge is fine in the picture, the sidewall pushed away from the edge a little. it's a simple skiier/snowboard edge in to the board in the lift line standard ding.

i'd ride as is but you can clip the hanging bit of top sheet off if you want or try and squeeze a tiny bit of marine epoxy in to it as mentioned but it's completely fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts