Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm deciding between buying a 2009 Capita Horrorscope FK 152 or a 2010 Burton Custom V-Rocker 154.
The burton has been quoted to me for $440, whereas the Capita is $499. (both prices including postage)
I'll be riding with Rome 390 bindings. Is it the 2009 Capita Horrorscope FK that won the Good Wood award, or the 2010, or are they the same?

I'm about 65kgs and 6ft tall.. And I'm looking for a board I can take in the park and also shred the trails at falls and buller (australian resorts), and possibly head to NZ soon

Which board would be better for me and which is a better deal?

Also my foot size is 10.5 us, and i'm a little worried about toe/heel drag.. do you think i'd have problems? I've heard the Ride Boots have smaller footprints, so I will be getting a pair of those.. but I don't know how much difference they would make.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
2009 Horrorscope for $500? Where do you live that postage would cost that much....

I would sell you a 2010 155w and ship it to you for that most likely haha. Mines got maybe 10 days on it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2009 Horrorscope for $500? Where do you live that postage would cost that much....

I would sell you a 2010 155w and ship it to you for that most likely haha. Mines got maybe 10 days on it
Sorry, those are all australian prices..
That's $500 AUD including postage.. all up USD = 430.50 for the capita and 379.0160 for the burton

also a 155w is heaps big for a freestyle board amirite for my size.
otherwise I would take you up on that offer xD

are there any major differences in the 2010 and 2009? or mainly just the graphic?

·
2,316 Posts
155cm Isn't that big for someone 6ft. I deffinetly wouldnt go any bigger, but I'm 5'7 and have been riding a 156cm park board forever. Of course the new board im gonna get will be 153cm, but just saying.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the capita is a mid wide so you shouldn't worry about overhang even with the non wide version. i have size 11's on the 151 and its fine

·
Registered
877 Posts
You really don't have to worry about toe drag until you start getting near US size 12. Even then, depending on your angles you could be perfectly fine...

I'm assuming that Burton is shipping you some sort of convertor along with the board for your bindings? Or do you already have one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You really don't have to worry about toe drag until you start getting near US size 12. Even then, depending on your angles you could be perfectly fine...

I'm assuming that Burton is shipping you some sort of convertor along with the board for your bindings? Or do you already have one?
? I have no idea, do you need a converter for burton boards because of that channel crap?
Uh oh! :S

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you're buying in a store you could always try the boots on the board first to see if they have any toe/heel drag.

R

·
0 Posts
Result?

Hey Have you ridden this sucka yet?

Im tossing up between the Horrorscope and the Ultrafear ... also looking to ride local aussie mountains, for frestyle and all mountain jib with a bit of park action.

Why did you go the ultra?, and was it sick?

I have a regular camber custom now, does it compare?

Cheers R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Have you ridden this sucka yet?

Im tossing up between the Horrorscope and the Ultrafear ... also looking to ride local aussie mountains, for frestyle and all mountain jib with a bit of park action.

Why did you go the ultra?, and was it sick?

I have a regular camber custom now, does it compare?

Cheers R
hey rhetty,
I've ridden it two days at hotham, and I'm pretty impressed. it's meant to be a fair bit stiffer than the horrorscope but it's still buttery enough. pop seems to be pretty decent too, and it's pretty fast due to the sintered base.
The FK is weird though - it feels to me like a cross between normal camber and reverse. although I haven't rode (ridden?) since last year so maybe I just forgot exactly how the park pickle felt.

I chose the ultrafear over the horrorscope due to me getting an awesome deal on it and the design being so rad.. hah.

R

·
0 Posts
Hah ha,

Yeah funnily enough I think the rad graphic and a good deal have made up my mid too ;-)

Plus its LTD edition so thats gotta count too right? ;-) elite.

Im also going to hotham this year for the first time (ussually ride overseas), and I just wasnt sure if I should go full noddle or if it was soft enough?. Im coming of an old burton custom and some ride boards and I wasnt sure if it would be buttery ...

Think im decided on the ultrafear though ... at least I think ;-)

R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hah ha,

Yeah funnily enough I think the rad graphic and a good deal have made up my mid too ;-)

Plus its LTD edition so thats gotta count too right? ;-) elite.

Im also going to hotham this year for the first time (ussually ride overseas), and I just wasnt sure if I should go full noddle or if it was soft enough?. Im coming of an old burton custom and some ride boards and I wasnt sure if it would be buttery ...

Think im decided on the ultrafear though ... at least I think ;-)

R
yeah well it's pretty rad. I've had like 6 compliments on the board for 2 days if riding so the graphic turns heads :p

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Stuen,

I go the 151 UF too ... what graphic does yours have?, I was expecting the same as the 151 on the Capita website ... but mines got the graphic form the 147 (red bikini chick with blood coming out of her mouth, and charlie slasher eye at top). It says 151 on the sidewall though.

Were you happy with the 151? ... im 68kg and 170cm and wondering if it will be the right size (or if I should have gone 153 or 147)

2 weeks and I get to ride her!

Yeeeewwwww!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Stuen,

I go the 151 UF too ... what graphic does yours have?, I was expecting the same as the 151 on the Capita website ... but mines got the graphic form the 147 (red bikini chick with blood coming out of her mouth, and charlie slasher eye at top). It says 151 on the sidewall though.

Were you happy with the 151? ... im 68kg and 170cm and wondering if it will be the right size (or if I should have gone 153 or 147)

2 weeks and I get to ride her!

Yeeeewwwww!
I've got the 2010 graphic, not the 2011 graphic. It's got like a monster eye at the top, then a bunch of random shit everywhere else haha. Unicorn in the middle and stuff. And the yellow 'Capitaaah!' on the bottom.
Yours has the white capitaaah on the bottom am i right?
Sounds like yours is the 2011 147 graphic on a 151 - that's weird..

Yeah I was definitely happy with it - it does everything I expected it to.
I'm 183 cm tall and 66kg, and it felt perfect for me. I was wondering if maybe I should've got the 153, but it feels good, and I don't think I would notice much of a difference on the 153 anyway.

You should be fine on the 151. It's awesome in my opinion. I've ridden a full week at hotham - although it was terrible conditions, we had to cut road runner/heavenly valley laps for the whole week because there wasn't any snow!!
I'm no park-master, pretty much a beginner when it comes to park, but I did some butters and a few 180s and 360s and it all felt 'effortless' on the board. The pop is pretty good, although my mate seemed to get a bit more pop from his forum freestyle board (i dunno what board it is, it has a boombox on it) but that could just be his better technique :p

Hope this helps .. even though I've just rambled on and not really said anything... xD
Stu

R

·
0 Posts
Cool

Hahah yeah cool man ... thanks youve been super helpful.

Im hitting Hotham in 2 weeks, hope conditions are better for me! ... I live in QLD now so its rare I get to go latley!

Yeah graphic is crazy ... and weird how its 147 style?, anyway pretty stoked and im sure it will ride nice ;-)

R

1 - 18 of 18 Posts