Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Capita Horrorscope or Rome Artifact Rocker

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  865'boarder 
#1 ·
Hey all...Im looking into picking up a new board and my selections have been narrowed down to the Horrorscope or Artifact Rocker. From the reviews I've read on both, it seems as if I can't go wrong with either one. Im mainly looking for something where I can do ground tricks and hit the progression park everything now and then. I've read that the Horrorscope is the more buttery board, while the Artifact Rocker has more pop. Any thoughts on this?

Right now I am riding a Sierra Reverse Crew 155 and just really started getting into ground tricks this season. Also, would a 153 work for me? Im about 5'8, 170 and am thinking that something a bit shorter may be better for spins.

Any help/advice would be appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
What's wrong with your Ultra? Sounds like a 153 Ultra would be good for you...

EDIT: I am psychotic. You didn't say anything about an Ultra...

I would look at an Arbor Westmark or for 2012 the Blacklist. My measly 145 lbs could butter the muffin on the 154 BL and it is one of the best boards I have ever ridden ever. Westmark falls in the top 5 too. Both will be good on swing weigh, full rocker so they're easy to press, and still poppy and stable to jump. Get one. Westmark is a little poppier, the BL is a little more stable since it's a midwide.

#3 ·
i own both the horror and the artifact..i would say get the horror i found the artifact to almost be too soft. couldn't do shit with it in terms of just cruising around with friends.

Basically, my opinion is that if you want a board to play around with, go in the park for a bit, then ride around the mountain for a bit, then get the horror. but if you just want something for ONLY ground tricks and stay in the park all day on rails and boxes (not jumps) then go with the artifact.

I'd really, really like to try the westmark cause Nivek raves about it in almost all the threads i've seen! haha

#6 ·
really? see i love how the horror feels. Its soft enough to butter and press on, but when i want to just go through trees, moguls, and just fresh snow i found it did great!

I've never tried any other FK, so I can't compare, but I love the snappiness/pop of the urban fk, really helped me get some extra height on my ollie, was great when I hit a jump perfectly. The only thing that I don't like about it is the performance when I get some really good air on a jump, or try a bigger drop...bit too soft in that scenario.

to OP: I have the 2010 Artifact 1985, so that's what I'm comparing it to..i would think that it would be the same as the new artifacts? But if that's the case then the artifact is WAY more flexible. If i just stand that board up, put my pinky on it, and gently pulse my arm it looks and feels like when you're trying to do the "rubber pencil" trick haha:p

#8 ·
really? see i love how the horror feels. Its soft enough to butter and press on, but when i want to just go through trees, moguls, and just fresh snow i found it did great!

I've never tried any other FK, so I can't compare, but I love the snappiness/pop of the urban fk, really helped me get some extra height on my ollie, was great when I hit a jump perfectly. The only thing that I don't like about it is the performance when I get some really good air on a jump, or try a bigger drop...bit too soft in that scenario.QUOTE]

Same here. My horrorscope 155 is my first fk/reverse camber board but I love how playful it is. Its easy to press and jib and fun to just ride down the mountain if there is some fresh snow and no ice.

#7 ·
Thanks for the input yall!

Nivek...I'll definitely check into your suggestion of the Arbor Westmark. Im not too familiar with their boards, but this should be a good time to look into them. Hopefully its within my budget

kayin...I've read the same about the Artifact and how soft/flexible it is. I think I may be leaning towards the Horror out of the two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.