Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ridden both the Capita Slush Slasher and the Bataleon Party Wave? Any opinions are much appreciated. Want to purchase one, but I am torn which one to get. Mainly ride Stevens Pass in the PNW (All conditions, expert rider).

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ha just went through this a few weeks ago, everyone and their mother has a slasher and I like camber so I went with a a party wave, cant speak on the slasher but the party wave is fun AF, wide, easy to carve, soft/mid flexing camber so you can just manhandle the shit out of it. 3bt is ok, im sure I will get used to it, board should rip in powder, good luck with your choice, the white 139 slasher looks sick, so sick I had to copy it a little lol pw.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet thanks for the input! The white does look pretty badass. Ya I’ve heard mixed things on the 3bt, but it seems like a pretty cool idea to me. I know the Capita has a sintered base where as the party wave has an extruded... can’t imagine one would really feel much of a difference, but what’re your thoughts? Does it really feel like an extruded base is “slower”?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Extruded bases have been changing as technology progresses. I heard factories are extruding scraps of sintered bases, so the extruded was sintered at one point.

I'd be looking at the party wave as a tree board, so I don't really care if it's extruded cause it's gonna live in pow and take a beating. Extruded can be pretty easy to repair. Also, I'm pretty sure I could shred powder just fine on a wooden base. All that plastic and metal is for the hardpack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts