Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with this new board in the Capita line. I am debating between this board, DOA or the Ultrafear as a new park stick!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
The Outsiders is more or less a Flat Indoor with carbon between the feet instead of from the inserts to the tips.

In the park do you like jumps or rails more?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rails more than jumps.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I need to ride it but the Ultrafear actually feels way stiffened up for this year. They've always claimed it was a beefed up Indoor and in the past it's felt more like a slightly beefed up Horror. Now it actually does feel like it's going to be a beefed up Indoor. So if you want a bit of an all arounder the Ultrafear, something more rail friendly the Outsiders, and more jump/all mountain oriented the DOA.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I need to ride it but the Ultrafear actually feels way stiffened up for this year. They've always claimed it was a beefed up Indoor and in the past it's felt more like a slightly beefed up Horror. Now it actually does feel like it's going to be a beefed up Indoor. So if you want a bit of an all arounder the Ultrafear, something more rail friendly the Outsiders, and more jump/all mountain oriented the DOA.
This is not correct. The Outsiders is cambered to the contact points then has a flat section before the tip and tail. Probably the best jump board in Capitas lineup.
DOA is really similar but has a bit of reverse camber before the tip and tail. Really similar feel but a bit looser due to the reverse camber. This is my daily board for last year and this year and probably going to give you the best of both jibs and jumps, although a little stiff for rails.
The Ultrafear is a reverse camber board that is flat between the inserts. Out of what you listed it will be the most rail friendly. Starts out as a fairly stiff board compared to what you would expect, but softens up fairly quickly.
Another option would be the Sleepy Stevens, same shape as the ultrafear and flex pattern but has carbon stringers so it is going to hold its stiffness longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts