Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experiences with these boards? I am looking for a big free ride board. Been messing around with some Lib Tech/Gnu this year, but I am just old school and like long boards with camber. I am a big guy (6'5" and 200lbs) and athletic and rode Ride Timeless for years so stiff 2x4 planks are my bread and butter ;). Cardiff Goat looks pretty enticing at 166. Any other ideas? I have been thinking about the the big Jamie Lynn as well. Maybe the Bryan Iguchi. Who knows.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cardiff Snowcraft are some of the most under-stated boards out there. Based out of Cardiff, UT their build quality and customer service are top notch. After much research, I'm riding a Powgoda split this season, and have been utterly stoked at how well this board both tours up and rides back down. IMHO the Goat would be a top contender for aggressive Freeride riding. Give them a call -- I'm sure they'd be happy to talk with you.

Head Leg Skateboard Grey Sports equipment

·
Registered
365 Posts
Posting your boot size will also be helpful. I have never seen or used a Cardiff, but they look like great boards. Not sure how large you are looking to go but others to consider are Capita BSOD in 165 or 169, Jones Flagship which actually goes all the way up to a 172 I believe, YES Pick Your Line 164W or 165, Weston Ridgeline 166W (this one is currently onsale on Moosejaw for $418). Definitely plenty of great freeride boards in giant man sizes.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Definitely post a review of either board. I don't think you can go wrong between the two. I have a Weston backwoods split and I really like that board, great build quality. Both seem like great companies who really focus on freeride and backcountry. Does Cardiff actually make their boards in Utah? I couldn't find any info on where they manufacture.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know, I buy professional items from China all the time. Certain things are certainly made cheaply with horrible standards but, now that they have essentially positioned themselves as THE manufacturing and raw material capital of the world, it doesn't always hold true. Really its only Mervin and Never Summer that are completely US made now - I think? I tend to run into trees at high speed, so we will know soon enough!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts