Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got my first board! i got yes the greats with Burton cartel restricted bindings. I spend time practicing my carving and jumps, i want to gradually start hitting the park, riding freestyle and rails. I need some advice whether going with the restricted cartels was a good thing. Also whats the difference between restricted and normal cartels? Also open for suggestions on boots!:)

·
Registered
47 Posts

I also own cartels and they are absulately killer.This year they are more freestyle oriented than before.Love em.retsricted ones have a matte finish and Asym React straps.
For Boots 32 all the way.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
730 Posts
retsricted ones have a matte finish and Asym React straps.
This. As for boots, try on a ton of pairs, and pick the ones that feel the most comfortable and dont hurt your feet, dont give you heel lift, etc.

With the Cartels, they are an awesome binding, but not super soft in terms of jibbing. The good thing is they are very adjustable to get them to fit your boots nicely.

Sounds like a pretty sick set up...a good all mountain choice with board and bindings. That set up wont hold you back anywhere, big airs, steep lines, pow. Post a pic!!

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
This. As for boots, try on a ton of pairs, and pick the ones that feel the most comfortable and dont hurt your feet, dont give you heel lift, etc.

With the Cartels, they are an awesome binding, but not super soft in terms of jibbing. The good thing is they are very adjustable to get them to fit your boots nicely.

Sounds like a pretty sick set up...a good all mountain choice with board and bindings. That set up wont hold you back anywhere, big airs, steep lines, pow. Post a pic!!
I do not understand why people keep repeating this when talking about a binding that has limited positioning options with the Re:flex disk, no adjustable heel loop, and (as a result of the heel lop) a foot bed that is only adjustable under the balls of the feet/toes.
Cartel are sick bindings in most respects, but adjustability is actually their weak point compared to Union or Rome.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,458 Posts
I do not understand why people keep repeating this when talking about a binding that has limited positioning options with the Re:flex disk, no adjustable heel loop, and (as a result of the heel lop) a foot bed that is only adjustable under the balls of the feet/toes.
Cartel are sick bindings in most respects, but adjustability is actually their weak point compared to Union or Rome.
^ ^ This!!!
I have 3 sets of Cartels. Two 2010/11's in L & M, and bought a pair of the 2012/13 restricted! I have Three boards and could only use the restricted on my Rome GR! Couldn't center them properly on my Arbor or NS Proto! It was either ALL heel, or ALL toe overhang with those boards! I didn't have that problem with the reg. Cartels! L or M centered fine on all three boards!

Aside from that, they are great bindings! :dunno: :blink: :laugh:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had to use the bottom of the 3 holes on the 4x4 binding disc to center my Cartels and on the one disc I had to partly grind down one of the teeth where the screw goes because it didn't properly line up with the screw holes on my board. Weird. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
^ ^ This!!!
I have 3 sets of Cartels. Two 2010/11's in L & M, and bought a pair of the 2012/13 restricted! I have Three boards and could only use the restricted on my Rome GR! Couldn't center them properly on my Arbor or NS Proto! It was either ALL heel, or ALL toe overhang with those boards! I didn't have that problem with the reg. Cartels! L or M centered fine on all three boards!

It's not the restricted, it's the year. I think they changed the pattern in 2012-2013. I had 2012 Malavitas Restricted and they were highly adjustable. This changed in 2013 according to some threads.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Maybe I find them so adjustable b/c I have the perfect size of foot for them and my heel loop and footbed are almost in the perfect spot as is (size 9 feet)...i just find the ease of strap anchor placement on the baseplate, quick strap adjustability great for on the hill tweaking in the first few rides.

I guess all bindings have become more user friendly when it comes to adjusting. My assumption was that it was as easy for everyone, but now I remember Chomps massive issue with them...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! i think my cartels will go good with my board, reading that the cartels are awesome bindings! i guess i will have to go into shops and try on boots and buy it there.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
QFT. I think some of you guys need to try bindings that really are adjustable.

TT

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
^ ^ This!!!

so you have some late model cartels you're unloading cheap or what?

:giggle::laugh::):yahoo::bowdown::D:icon_scratch:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,458 Posts
so you have some late model cartels you're unloading cheap or what?

:giggle::laugh::):yahoo::bowdown::D:icon_scratch:
Hahaha,.. sorry man! I've got three boards, I ride them all, and I Hate switching bindings! :laugh: Although I might check to see if the new Asym straps will work on the older Cartels. They are comfortable!

(....nice use of the smileys btw!) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts