Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Everything you said is true EXCEPT, it was Bromley Mountain, just down the road, the Burton guys would ride at night. They didn’t hike it, they drove cars up Bromley Village and then rode down the nearest trail. Coincidentally, actually probably intentionally, that’s the trail Bromley builds their park on nowadays.
I started when you could only board at west mt ny or stratton so you pretty much rode with burton guys any time you went to Stratton. I've heard the story both ways from burton guys at the time. Probably both were true. I've seen pics at the old Burton factory in Manchester of Jake Burton allegedly hiking up Stratton at night, but I think it was with a snurfer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Many boards out there which carve great. Your first decision point is how much specialization do you want? The more you specialize, the more the board is losing other traits. How much give and take you to want.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Some boards that I'm looking at:

Korua Cafe Racer
Nidecker Tracer
Telos Back/Slash
United Shapes Orbit

How are these boards similar, yet different?
I haven't been on the Café Racer, but I own the Pencil plus, the Bullet Train and the Tracer. I would guess the Pencil is a lot like the Café Racer when you compare sidecuts. I'd say the Tracer is more easy going partly because of its narrower width when compared to a Pencil. The Korua has a longer sidecut radius towards the tail and the Tracer is a bit the opposite. Tracer has a more mellow turn initiation, but tightens up the turn a lot more towards the end. The Korua keeps the turn shape more throughout the turn, making it more race like... At least in my experience.

Personally, if I had to choose, I'd pick a Korua instead of a Nidecker. Even if I spent my third season mostly on the Tracer instead of the Pencil. Mainly because it's more easy going.

I haven't tried the Orbit, but I'd trust @unsuspected on that.

If you get a chance to jump on a Stranda Shorty 169 or 164, I can recommend that one.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts