Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Working with the board you have is a good point. That also means you gotta work with the limitations of that board. Maybe you don’t get exactly the turn you want, but the best turn you can do with that board.
Hello Rip154, you are right. I feel I can do it, but I have to be patient. If I do my best with this one, I would like to buy the new board which is more suitable for aggressive turns. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Working with the board you have is a good point. That also means you gotta work with the limitations of that board. Maybe you don’t get exactly the turn you want, but the best turn you can do with that board.
Exactly.. I have another video here. what I realized is that I do not turn my chest enough to the forward. I will try to turn my chest more and try to keep my hips over the board this weekend. I have to close the season this weekend and it is very sad to wait for next Winter for my next snowboarding.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello Everyone, here is the end of season video. I tried to turn my chest to the forward but something is wrong or I need to make more practice.. please check and comment your suggestions. .thanks.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Can see improvement, heelsides are starting to look nice. Looks a little tailheavy on toeside now, overrotating or not easing into the turn. Could try to get lower in the start and then stand back up when most of the rotation is done, so it gets progressive and not like flipping a switch. Also, I think you might be too much forward on stance angles, unless you need it for the width. Tried 30/12 or 27/9? Easing off on the stance will slow down toeside a bit, maybe give you more control. Also try without touching the ground on toeside, because then you can’t be off balance.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The wash outs and other problems can be solved by getting lower and more dynamic in a squating type response. You are definitely carving nicely but if you get more squaty it will help you manage your turns better. Which means more control in all aspects of the carve. In the last video you are definitely carving, but u are stuck in the carve. Hence when you have to adjust ( for a random other ski or ride person) you have to ditch the carve. If you have more gate control (squatimg capacity) you would have more carve control.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can see improvement, heelsides are starting to look nice. Looks a little tailheavy on toeside now, overrotating or not easing into the turn. Could try to get lower in the start and then stand back up when most of the rotation is done, so it gets progressive and not like flipping a switch. Also, I think you might be too much forward on stance angles, unless you need it for the width. Tried 30/12 or 27/9? Easing off on the stance will slow down toeside a bit, maybe give you more control. Also try without touching the ground on toeside, because then you can’t be off balance.
Hello Rip154, thanks. that's right, I also feel the need of lower with knee and stand up after rotation done. Besides, Yes, my stance angles are F+42 B+30. Actually the width is ok for boots but I really feel comfortable with these angles. But other ones could be tried. This season is over in Turkey already, but I will try it next season. I will try not to touch the ground as much as possible. I understand what you exactly mean. Thanks again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The wash outs and other problems can be solved by getting lower and more dynamic in a squating type response. You are definitely carving nicely but if you get more squaty it will help you manage your turns better. Which means more control in all aspects of the carve. In the last video you are definitely carving, but u are stuck in the carve. Hence when you have to adjust ( for a random other ski or ride person) you have to ditch the carve. If you have more gate control (squatimg capacity) you would have more carve control.
Hello DaveMcl, nice to hear your comments. Thank you very much. I will try to get lower as squating type in my next riding (which will be most probably in next season anyway). I will check and try all your suggestions then. I like you all guys, and thanks for your suggestions... I have improved my skills more thanks to your advices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found a solid deal for a Cafe Racer in my size, I already have a K2 Alchemist and Gnu Gremlin for carving, is there anything that Cafe Racer would add? I just always wanted to try a Korua and never got a chance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What charateristics make an excellent soft boot carving board?

Optimal sidecut radius for small, medium (my preferred) or large turns? Board width (I have a size 9 boot)? Soft flexible middle vs stiff middle? What makes a carving board forgiving (my preferred) vs hard charging? How does board taper affect carving turns? Setback or twin? Magnetraction edges vs straight? Is there something beneficial to asymmetrical shapes?

Looking for a groomer carving board (70% daily driver) for all conditions (soft, ice, corn) whenever there's no fresh snow.

Some boards that I'm looking at:

Korua Cafe Racer
Nidecker Tracer
Telos Back/Slash
United Shapes Orbit

How are these boards similar, yet different?

Thanks, as always, for your insight.
Check out nitro woodcarver...solid reviews over the past few years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dear everyone... I make this video slow motion to see my technique and I really need your comments about stance, body position etc. I tried to start turning as early as possible as you see. it made so much difference but still a lot of things are missing... Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks, good. Can u play a normal speed video with a couple linked turns? That would be better for a critique
Hello Dave, here is the normal speed of this video..

by the way, you can find the full day riding within 6min in my last shares at my youtube channel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To be honest I’m not sure you need any critique from any of us. Turns look pretty damn dialed to me. If you want them to be more drawn out maybe just stay on the front foot longer.
Thanks MrDavey2Shoes, very happy to see your comment. But believe me, all guys here have given me very critical information and I reach this level with the help of their instructions. For instance; completing the turn... start turning as early as possible.. etc. these critical suggestions save my life.. thanks to all and I know I still need your advice if any of you find any mistakes.. Thank you again and I ll keep sharing my progress.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts