Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anybody been to Niseko know about the cash situation? I've been told there is only 1 cash machine and it's a bit of a hike to get too?

Do places take credit card?

Any help appreciated.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Hi All,

Anybody been to Niseko know about the cash situation? I've been told there is only 1 cash machine and it's a bit of a hike to get too?

Do places take credit card?

Any help appreciated.
It seems that you are talking about Hirafu, not Niseko town or Niseko in general.
Even Hirafu has a few other options, but they are difficult or not useable at all for foreigners (depending on your home bank), so most people from abroad use the 'international ATM' if they need to draw money in Hirafu.
It is clearly marked on the village map and whether it is 'a bit of a hike' depends entirely on where you are in the village - if you are in the Upper Village, it might be closer than the nearest lift...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a general FYI for traveling in Japan (off the mountain I mean)-your debit card/credit card cash advance option won't work at any of the Japanese banks ATMs. You'll need to use the ATMs inside the post offices or find an international bank (which is hard-when I was in Osaka there was only 1 Citi bank in the whole city). The post office ATMs have English instructions too and they're everywhere.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
weird, In the USA, ALL of the ATM's have instructions in a least 4 Languages. Are you saying we really don't need to cater to everyone and could still be OK? Who Knew??? LOL!

Have a great time over there !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts