Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the Chamonix brand - seems new cant find alot of first hand reviews of things. Was wondering about the quality of their bindings and boards.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They seem to be a cash grab type company. They came outta nowhere with a full catalogue of AliExpress type gear...? Probably made out of old stock material and on older molds. Probably better to buy something used I'd guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had thought they were the "house.com" brand snowboard - heard that from somewhere but never could verify it. Just tried live chatting a house rep on their website and asked about the chamonix boards but didn't get an answer...I'd personally avoid them and pay the 20% more for a more reputable company.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had thought they were the "house.com" brand snowboard - heard that from somewhere but never could verify it. Just tried live chatting a house rep on their website and asked about the chamonix boards but didn't get an answer...I'd personally avoid them and pay the 20% more for a more reputable company.
thanks for looking into it - strange they wouldnt answer

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ha. I was just looking at that site and thought the same thing. What the hell is chamonix and why does everything seem so cheap. Glad I opted for the nitro pantera for $330!!!! Yeah baby can’t wait til we get a few more dumps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The bindings on their website seem to be the same as these Firefly bindings which I've seen in person which are absolute crap in terms of quality and construction; absolute shit all the way down to the type of plastic they're using.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Firefly is an in house brand for sports goods retailer Intersport in Europe. They probably come out of the same factory in Austria.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im riding the "Chamonix Finished line wide" (camber/rocker/camber) hybrid profile. so far so good. Not bad for the price point, whatever board on park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts