Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
@Jack87 you are like devil to my good intentions!
I see Dream Catcher is directional. Can I use it to ride switch relatively easy? As stupid as it seems, I am (not) good riding switch as riding normal. I'd like to have a board I can ride switch without too much effort.
The Dream Catcher is a great board and if you can ride switch then you can certainly ride it switch. My oldest daughter does it just fine on the Dream Catcher. She's back-and-forth between the Dream Catcher and Women's Jones Stratos.

Reactions: Maya

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I discovered a (not-so) local shop that has one dream catcher 151. I mailed them asking about possible boot issue. I hope they will answer.
They have not answered yet. Not impressed by this lack of answer.
They are in a province that is fully shut down till Thursday. So I wait some more days, then I consider that I have possibly dodge a bullet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
They have not answered yet. Not impressed by this lack of answer.
They are in a province that is fully shut down till Thursday. So I wait some more days, then I consider that I have possibly dodge a bullet.
it's mostly a scam or probably a reused one. You should wish it's the latter.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I found them on ebay too. They answered promptly and they also tried to sell me bindings.
So now I have to convince myself to fork money for that. It is a huge bet on next winter: will I be able to ride?

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
434 Posts
I found them on ebay too. They answered promptly and they also tried to sell me bindings.
So now I have to convince myself to fork money for that. It is a huge bet on next winter: will I be able to ride?
If you get a chance to ride you will not be disappointed. Do you need new bindings. Are the ones on your other bored as old as the bored?

Someone other than me would probably be better fitted to give you binding advice. I use the Burton step ons and love them for me. My girlfriend did get the 2021 Burton Lexa bindings which are less stiff than previous year models and she seems to like them. There is a pink high back color that might go well with that bored too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I did it! I pressed "buy now" button just now!

Yes, @Jack87, I need bindings too. Mine are really old and basics.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,606 Posts
NOW Conda, Burton Lexa, or Burton Escapades, from about '18 on are really good ones if you search for used bindings.

Reactions: Maya

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
434 Posts
I did it! I pressed "buy now" button just now!

Congratulations! That is wonderful and exciting news! Which bored did you end up with in the end?

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Congrats! It's an excellent board.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Now I am looking forward this board to be at my doorstep. Board was shipped according to seller, but tracking is not yet working.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Clearly biggest issue for the bindings is that I don't know which color I want them... It is well known that the color of the bindings influences how good I can ride :LOL:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Remind me what size did you end up with?
I chose 151. I asked to the vendor to check with boots of my current size and he said "no issues" plus that board waist size is exactly the same of my current board.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I chose 151. I asked to the vendor to check with boots of my current size and he said "no issues" plus that board waist size is exactly the same of my current board.
I think that's a good choice! Just in time to catch some end of season binding discounts now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
I guess that screws for attaching bindings to boards are sold together with bindings, correct?

I am looking forward to use this new board. Too many months to wait...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I guess that screws for attaching bindings to boards are sold together with bindings, correct?

I am looking forward to use this new board. Too many months to wait...
Yeah I can't imagine having to wait so long but you'll enjoy it.

Yes the screws will be in the bindings box.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts