Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here but reading for quite a while.
Just been curious if there are others out there who changed the riding over the time as well like me.
In the beginning I was a rider who took care about everything. My board was spotless and i didn't do a scratch to it (rode it for 2 seasons now down to 2 weeks.).
A year ago i just said "fuck it" and went over everything i find. If i see a patch without snow i ride over it or jump on it. I don't know why it is so much fun and but I feel so free. Rocks trees dirt or just get pulled behind a car/bike.

Couple of friends stopped riding with me because i go into rock fields and they are too scared for scratches.
For me is just some freedom. If i got a big core shot i don't care and i see if i can get another by doing a landing on a rock on purpose. If the edge is ripped out i sometimes snap that thing for fun in the parking lot. That sounds weird and i don't know if i should feel guilty for having fun when doing that.

So just curious if someone else also had a change like me? And sorry if it sounded weird or i offended someone with it.

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
It happens once you accept that boards are made to be ridden and that if you do in fact ride them cosmetic damage is inevitable.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
I don't know bout tha resta uze guys, but I don't know or ride with anybody that can afford to just wreck boards for the helluv it!! 🤷‍♂️

That said,.. while I'm not a "Ride it like you Stole It" type,.. I am less likely to baby a deck after it gets a few knicks or dings. (...but Unless it takes a fatal hit? I ain't looking to trash any of my rides.)

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
I'm definitely a "ride it like you stole it type". Snowboards are pretty damn tough. I've never damaged one to the point of rendering it unrideable. With that said, I don't ride much park either. Shred a bunch of rails, start bonking everything in sight, and tail blocking all over the mountain and yeah, you're gonna trash some boards.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm definitely a "ride it like you stole it type". Snowboards are pretty damn tough. I've never damaged one to the point of rendering it unrideable. With that said, I don't ride much park either. Shred a bunch of rails, start bonking everything in sight, and tail blocking all over the mountain and yeah, you're gonna trash some boards.
HaHa, you must be fun to snowboard with! If you were British you wouldn't have written it like that.

Urban Dictionary:
Bonking
Having sex. It's a word that is widely acceptable in British society - not as rude as shag and far less rude than the offensive fuck.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I’m very careful about my brand new boards that I usually buy to test for a few days and resell. That way I can extensively test around 10 boards a season. I care less when I decide that it stays in the quiver for longer but I still don’t feel like trashing something worth of 300-400 EUR.

I have a rock board Rossi One LF I’ve got for 50 EUR and I still don’t look for the ways to destroy it by hitting rocks on purpose cos the edges and the base are in a good condition actually. If it happens no problem, it’s a rock board but intentionally wrecking it?

What boards you’ve destroyed so far? Share some photos of your victims.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I’m very careful about my brand new boards that I usually buy to test for a few days and resell. That way I can extensively test around 10 boards a season. I care less when I decide that it stays in the quiver for longer but I still don’t feel like trashing something worth of 300-400 EUR.

I have a rock board Rossi One LF I’ve got for 50 EUR and I still don’t look for the ways to destroy it by hitting rocks on purpose cos the edges and the base are in a good condition actually. If it happens no problem, it’s a rock board but intentionally wrecking it?

What boards you’ve destroyed so far? Share some photos of your victims.
I don't feel like I'm willfully hard on boards, but I'm usually on the top end of weight recommendations or over them, and I love riding trees and gnarly terrain. Maybe there's just a lot of rocks in the Rocky Mountains!

I had a Rossi One that didn't even make it to rock board status! I blew the edges out right under both my bindings. An Arbor Cosa Nostra also lost some edge and most of the base, but lived through many a scrape. I blasted a core shot through the top sheet of an Attack Banana, and split the tail of a T Rice Pro right up the middle. My old Flagship had a ton of epoxied scars before I retired it, and it wasn't that old.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
HaHa, you must be fun to snowboard with! If you were British you wouldn't have written it like that.

Urban Dictionary:
Bonking
Having sex. It's a word that is widely acceptable in British society - not as rude as shag and far less rude than the offensive fuck.
I'd still write it like that.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had a Rossi One that didn't even make it to rock board status! I blew the edges out right under both my bindings. An Arbor Cosa Nostra also lost some edge and most of the base, but lived through many a scrape. I blasted a core shot through the top sheet of an Attack Banana, and split the tail of a T Rice Pro right up the middle. My old Flagship had a ton of epoxied scars before I retired it, and it wasn't that old.
This is normal if you ride the terrain like that. It’s a by-product of your riding style. The OP says he is intentionally looking to land on a rock to get a core shot and he himself finds it weird. That’s the difference and I’m curious what kind of boards he is abusing like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While riding on it on the rocks I just feel so free but when I'm hope I would always regret it....and feel free again...and regret it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts