Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
....since I know "jack" about this subject, I'm guessing on what it is exactly I'm seeing in that pic. So, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone can/will school me.

But from what I've read here in the forum on other "board damage" threads, it looks like the core's exposed? (shit, peeled back for christ sake!) And also maybe a "blown edge?"

If those two guesses are correct, I'd imagine the boards toast??? :dunno:

...if it was her fault, I hope you seriously chewed her ass! :blink: :RantExplode: (...if she was Hawt, did you at least get laid?!!) :laugh::laugh: ;)

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
It did take a beating. You should do some repair work to it. Find some cold weather epoxy with good flexibility and epoxy it down. That should keep moisture out and fix the problem. It'll give your board character. I think it's salvageable. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, go to a shop and ask them what they think.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I used some marine epoxy and clamped it down with some small c-clamps for a few days. Worked like a charm.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I would be annoyed as hell...

It looks from the picture to be on an end, so not so important as a side edge, but still sucks non the less, i would at least try to seal it up with epoxy before you give it up, especially if it is an end, as this would very rarely if ever be something that hits the snow...

And if you can bond it down, at least you have a rock board for trashing that you can't really do anymore damage too...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dude you are fine. I don't have a single deck that doesn't have the nose or tail blown up from a rail or something. Just seal that baby up if you are worried about water seeping to your core. 5$/5min DIY fix

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
Ok,... Looks like I was wrong about your board being toast! I've epoxied some minor peel backs of the laminate on the edges of my Arbor, but it's actually good to hear that damage as extensive as the type you suffered does not necessarily mean the end of a good riding board! :) (...knowing that, maybe I won't have to pummel the person who might do that to me n my deck!) :laugh:

As I mentioned, I did it on a smaller scale, but you will want to get some blocks of 1x to put between your topsheet, your base and the clamps when you glue it. ( no sense in marring it up any more than it already has been!)

Good luck on the repair!

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
If it's @ the nose or tail, which it kinda looks like:dunno: hard to tell?

You probably didn't get to the core:yahoo: Still sucks ass though, I know.

Take it too a shop, it might be ugly as shit, but I don't think you'll even notice.

Hey Chomps, unless she's a beaver bumper:dunno: I don't think she got laid:unsure:

TT

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
....Hey Chomps, unless she's a beaver bumper:dunno: I don't think she got laid:unsure:
TT
Got clipped by a lovely lady the other day....
IDK, I think I'll stand by my original statement! :laugh: :giggle:

Based on the OP's original opening line, you can clearly understand my confusion! Either way, hope we aren't chasing away another potential long term female member!!!:dunno:

(...To the OP, no offense meant! ;). We're a creepy, perverted lot here in this sausage fest of a forum, but give us a chance!) ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHAHA omg this is hilarious. Thanks for all your responses lads, good to hear my precious ally btx 2012 isn't gone forever - she's too much fun!

And as for getting laid - I said lovely lady in sarcasm, I REALLY wanted to get my chipped board and smack her across the face with it... alas she pissed off as soon as she got up from her 20 metre stack.

Life is good again - thanks sausage boys. <3 lots of love to you all! :yahoo:

·
Registered
451 Posts
max respect to OP for posting actual board carnage, i basically opened this expecting to see a scratch or like a finger print on the board... lol

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
HAHAHA omg this is hilarious. Thanks for all your responses lads, good to hear my precious ally btx 2012 isn't gone forever - she's too much fun!

And as for getting laid - I said lovely lady in sarcasm, I REALLY wanted to get my chipped board and smack her across the face with it... alas she pissed off as soon as she got up from her 20 metre stack.

Life is good again - thanks sausage boys. <3 lots of love to you all! :yahoo:
Jesus, I HOPE this a female posting... :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ohhh apologies, I thought it was all self explanatory but maybe not. I am female, and I am not a beaver bumper... :laugh:

Thanking Stan for the respect, sounds like i'm slowly but surely losing the gaper status... although would rather be called a gaper any day if it meant my deck wasn't f**ked!!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
....I am female, and I am not a beaver bumper... :laugh:
:bowdown: :bowdown:

LOL!!!! Don't know if I'm happy or sad to hear that!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome and glad to hear your board probably isn't DOA!!! :thumbsup: :eusa_clap:

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
although would rather be called a gaper any day if it meant my deck wasn't f**ked!!
Fucking a deck or two is sort of a right of passage. I first epoxied a board edge back in the mid-90's. Now I just keep riding until it's gonzo'd. Welcome to the fun! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Fucking a deck or two is sort of a right of passage. I first epoxied a board edge back in the mid-90's. Now I just keep riding until it's gonzo'd. Welcome to the fun! :yahoo:
Yeah, but it is one thing for you to fuck up your board, it's another for someone else to do it.

A kid was bombing into the lift line, lost control, and crashed into me full steam. Besides taking me out he put a 8inch gash into my top sheet, luckily it was all cosmetic damage. Having said that I did lose a little-bit of control, but seeing how it was my first board ever and my first day riding it I think not strangling the kid shows a lot of self-restraint...

A multitude of people were staring at the teenager yelling eight year old. I have been told by friends that I said some of the following (rage blocked out my memory), "what the fuck is your problem, can you read a fucking sign it says SLOW, this is a brand new board you dick," --well i didn't say it was my finest moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah exactly, it sucks even more when the person who hit you appeared to be a more skilled snowboarder than yourself...

·
Registered
562 Posts
So let's get this straight...

We've got another shred babe... who can also talk trash and has a sense of humour?

Yeah, things 'bout ta get reaaal creepy in here...

·
Registered
778 Posts
So let's get this straight...

We've got another shred babe... who can also talk trash and has a sense of humour?

Yeah, things 'bout ta get reaaal creepy in here...
She is an Aussie, i'd expect nothing less

1 - 20 of 28 Posts