Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been snowboarding for 3 years and last year I rode a Ride Warpig and loved it. Great all-mountain board. Carves okay, floats on the powder like a surfboard but sometimes slopes are in bad condition and there is no powder at all. I need to keep myself busy. :p It's not that soft and has a short tail. That's why it's hard for me to learn the ground tricks with this board.

That's why I'm planning to get more into tricks that especially on the ground.

I'm looking for a board which is:
  • Soft
  • Flat / Rocker
  • Easy to do pops, ollies, nollies, butters, and the other tricks on the ground. I don't think I will hit the jibs or some other park features.
I've read good things about Capita Horrorscope but I'm not sure at all. I'm really open to every feedback.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
My picks go to the Niche Wraith or Rome Gangplank or Artifact

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My picks go to the Niche Wraith or Rome Gangplank or Artifact
Thank you for your suggestions.
Niche Wraith is camber, so I'm looking for a more forgiving board. :D

Rome's are looking the same. Is there any major difference between those?

EDIT: Evo shows Rome Artifact is flat/rocker but actually it is a camber board. Now, I know the difference.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not going to be popular but im looking for a similar board. Currently have a Bataleon Evil Twin 159 for my daily driver. Im looking for a softer more playful board I can really man handle and have loads of fun with but still make it down the mountain on a few runs and hit jumps. Enter the Bataleon Global Warmer. It’s soft, nice blunted twin shape, JIB 3bt makes this thing a buttering machine with wide base, has carbon under foot so its not a complete noodle, and it’s catch free so I can get crazy. I’ve looked all around at boards like the ride Kink, horoscope etc. like or love 3bt, for this type of board it’s tough to beat. I’m 6’0 220 size 11 so tough to find these types of boards in a size i can ride, leaning towards the 156W and maybe the 153W because these wides are WIDE, almost volume shifted

Angry has a recent review of this board. Also noticed Kevin from PROSNOW camp had one and said he loved it for exactly what you described

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thank you for your suggestions.
Niche Wraith is camber, so I'm looking for a more forgiving board. :D

Rome's are looking the same. Is there any major difference between those?

EDIT: Evo shows Rome Artifact is flat/rocker but actually it is a camber board. Now, I know the difference.
The global warmer has mellow camber for good pop, but with 3bt you can fall asleep at the wheel and won’t catch an edge!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The global warmer has mellow camber for good pop, but with 3bt you can fall asleep at the wheel and won’t catch an edge!!
I've watched a couple of videos and not gonna lie. I'm surprised. It's really a catch-free board that I see from here. I was expecting to be more catchy because of the camber profile but as. far as I can see, it handles well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've watched a couple of videos and not gonna lie. I'm surprised. It's really a catch-free board that I see from here. I was expecting to be more catchy because of the camber profile but as. far as I can see, it handles well.
With 3bt it’s going to be the most catch free board you buy. The flip side is it’s a little “loose”, but after a day you adjust and it’s fine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With 3bt it’s going to be the most catch free board you buy. The flip side is it’s a little “loose”, but after a day you adjust and it’s fine
I'm okay to loosy feel because I'm already okay with a rocker board. It should be a problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cool good luck. A local shop has a 153W and let’s people demo for $30 so gonna go try it out , but will most likely end up with the 156W. I’ll let you know what I think of it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool good luck. A local shop has a 153W and let’s people demo for $30 so gonna go try it out , but will most likely end up with the 156W. I’ll let you know what I think of it
It would be awesome. Thanks. Good luck to you, too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a few butter/ mess around boards, and my advice is don't be afraid of a longer deck. Added length gives you more stability when you lean into the tips.

All of the suggestions are on point, and camber can butter great with the right flex. My 151 Rome Buckshot presses fairly easy, and the direct replacement is the 2021 Artifact which Nivek mentioned. Maybe throw in the DWD Rat, Salomon Sleepwalker, and Lib Box Scratcher from the rocker category. Personally I would be taking a good look at the new Arbor Draft :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a few butter/ mess around boards, and my advice is don't be afraid of a longer deck. Added length gives you more stability when you lean into the tips.

All of the suggestions are on point, and camber can butter great with the right flex. My 151 Rome Buckshot presses fairly easy, and the direct replacement is the 2021 Artifact which Nivek mentioned. Maybe throw in the DWD Rat, Salomon Sleepwalker, and Lib Box Scratcher from the rocker category. Personally I would be taking a good look at the new Arbor Draft :)
Thank you for your suggestions. I want to go with the camber profile. I had bad experiences in the past with the camber. The board should forgive a little bit. I will check your flat/rocker suggestions as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When it comes to butters, I wouldn't be afraid of camber boards either. It's more a combination of various characteristics than just the profile which makes a board good for buttering. Yes, it needs to be relatively easy to hold the press (so the board doesn't fight back too much) but you also need some rebound to pop of the trick - often that's the part which makes the trick look cool. If you check Angry's reviews, he almost always mentions how the board stands in these two departments.

For example, it was pretty difficult for me to do butters on my Rome Mod Rocker despite its flat to rocker profile. It had carbon rods in the nose and tail and was simply too stiff for me. The nose and tail area wasn't that big either. Contrary it's fairly easy for me to do nose butters on Nidecker Area despite its camber profile - nose is big, soft and has a nice rebound.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts