Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is no "wings" on the websites but I assume it's okay.
Just one color of Malavitas has the wings, so you need to look for that. On the Burton's website they are listed here.

Btw. be aware that the wing can interfere with the BOA dial on the side of boots, if you have those.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just one color of Malavitas has the wings, so you need to look for that. On the Burton's website they are listed here.

Btw. be aware that the wing can interfere with the BOA dial on the side of boots, if you have those.
Ah, got it now. I have a BOA boot. :/

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Meh wings. Buttering is about weight position. To me wings just get in the way.

The benefit to camber is there is more to put your weight into before going over the bars.

TBT can defintely be fun in this aspect, but the same thing that makes it catch free, also means you have less control out on the tips. For many TBT appears like the perfect tech for buttering, to me its great for forgiveness yes, but buttering is about finesse AND control.

The Draft is a good add, camber this year with mellow fenders. Enough to be catch free but still usable.

The top pick from my list is the Gang Plank though, which is flat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Meh wings. Buttering is about weight position. To me wings just get in the way.

The benefit to camber is there is more to put your weight into before going over the bars.

TBT can defintely be fun in this aspect, but the same thing that makes it catch free, also means you have less control out on the tips. For many TBT appears like the perfect tech for buttering, to me its great for forgiveness yes, but buttering is about finesse AND control.

The Draft is a good add, camber this year with mellow fenders. Enough to be catch free but still usable.

The top pick from my list is the Gang Plank though, which is flat.
Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I will check every board that you mentioned and try to find the best fit for me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here are some options with 'catch-free' tech that would make buttering a lot easier:
  • Arbor Westmark (Rocker and Camber versions) - uprise fenders
  • Bataleon and Lobster boards with 3BT
  • Endeavour B.O.D. — has 3D camber
  • Burton Kilroy 3D - they have 3D shaping

·
635 Posts
Here are some options with 'catch-free' tech that would make buttering a lot easier:
*My bad, misread the BOD as BSOD

·
Registered
220 Posts
[/QUOTE
I really wanted to try the Kilroy 3d last year, looks awesome

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The list is getting bigger and bigger. It's impossible to make a decision. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
The list is getting bigger and bigger. It's impossible to make a decision. :D
I know it’s crazy!! Like I posted above I’ve been looking for a softer board to have fun on,but can also handle the whole Mountain. I also want camber, not rocker. Here’s what I’ve narrowed down to. Also I picked these because of the widths, I’m a size 11 boot so tough to find softer boards I can ride.

1. Bataleon Global warmer as posted above .
2. Bataleon Wallie, REALLY SOFT and a job stick, I’d prefer theglobal warmer
3. Salomon Huck knife seems really popular, haven’t read a bad thing about it . I’m %100 buying one eventually
4. The Kilroy 3d looks fantastic. The 3d base is much mellower then Bataleon but still works, so seems like a great deck with a little more edge hold

5. the arbor westmark camber also have mild 3d base but I think is mid flex, so more all mountain freestyle like a DOA or evil twin , I think

·
Registered
220 Posts
Why is that?
I’ve never ridden it, but 3bt is border line to loose, but I like the trade off and the camber has tons of pop. A board that’s loose AND has no pop seems like a crappy combo

This year the Arbor draft has Camber, serious contender with theuprise fenders !!!

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Don't be afraid of all rocker. Some yes. Never Summer yes. Arbor, no. Lib, no. Some brands do it well, others don't. I would ride a Westmark Rocker all day any day any terrain. So yeah, just depends.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This weekend I am riding a Bataleon global warmer 153W( only size they had) Salomon villain 154W, and Capita Horrorscope 157. LocAl shop has them and the guy is cool and demos them for a small price. Will be a fun weekend in the snow dome

·
Registered
750 Posts
This weekend I am riding a Bataleon global warmer 153W( only size they had) Salomon villain 154W, and Capita Horrorscope 157. LocAl shop has them and the guy is cool and demos them for a small price. Will be a fun weekend in the snow dome
Report back please!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts