Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Im new in this forum and new in the backcountry, but i've been riding for about 8 years. I was thinking in the Weston Backwoods, as my very first split, given its characteristics.
-What size would be perfect for me? im 5'7'' (160 pounds approx) and 42,5EUR.
-What about this board to do some tricks (360s or backflip, idk)?
-Do you recommend me Spark Arc binding for this board (im looking for something soft)? if not, what other binding do you recommend me?

thanks! and sorry if i made some grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Spark bindings are great, simple and reliable. As for the board, idk...imo you primarily want to select a board that will match the snow and terrain conditions that you will be riding. And secondarily a board which will allow you to ride the style that you want to do. Of course its a combination of both...if the Weston does that, go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! im completely agree with you about that, i'll investigate more about the Weston Backwoods, but it seems to be the right one.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Hello

Im new in this forum and new in the backcountry, but i've been riding for about 8 years. I was thinking in the Weston Backwoods, as my very first split, given its characteristics.
-What size would be perfect for me? im 5'7'' (160 pounds approx) and 42,5EUR.
-What about this board to do some tricks (360s or backflip, idk)?
-Do you recommend me Spark Arc binding for this board (im looking for something soft)? if not, what other binding do you recommend me?

thanks! and sorry if i made some grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.
Where and what kind of terrain will you mostly be riding?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually ride on powder, packed, ice and hard-packed conditions. That's why i'm looking for an all terrain board. I ride in central Andes of Chile, the south of Chile, and in the south of Argentina.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts