Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm paging through the craigslist ads for snowboards and equipment (yep, I'm missing snowboarding that much). Most of the stuff for sale is crap. A lot of the ads don't even mention length, brand, or year. But occasionally you run into one that makes you sit up and take notice. So I present here a couple that I found this morning. Feel free to add your own. And feel free to comment on the board, the price, or whatever.

The things we're doing to stay sane... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it bad if we link our own CL posts?

Might as well share this eBay post, since it's a bit too small for me and I'm not going to end up pulling the trigger: BRAND NEW Nidecker Liberty 155W | eBay

It's a Mellow but with a sintered 9000 base. Plus, it hasn't sold in a while, so the seller might be open to offers. Seems like a great deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm seriously eyeing the Rome Blur, although I'd offer lower since it's a 2017, and 162 might be slightly long for me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My personal rule of thumb is never pay more than 50% retail for a used snowboard unless it's something spectacular and rare (Gentemstick, Moss, etc.). I'm not sure if that rule of thumb would still apply in Canada.

For reference, I bought my Blur 162 (same one posted) new 2 1/2 years ago for ~$270 USD. And that price was slightly inflated a bit because shipper didn't pack the box tight burrito-style, could have knocked off $20-30 off shipping. I've seen that price or slightly lower floating around over the past couple years on new boards.

It rips, btw.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I would really love to try a Blur. Wasn't it @drblast who was raving about one?

Or your ejack...
It was. The Blur is one of the most fun carvers I've been on. Go as fast as you want and carve as hard as you want, but on a board that is still lively and maneuverable.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
My personal rule of thumb is never pay more than 50% retail for a used snowboard unless it's something spectacular and rare (Gentemstick, Moss, etc.).
It rips, btw.
1000%
I'd also add: Don't pay MSRP for a new board, either, except sometimes in the same instances (but even then try to avoid it...most of the time you can).

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had those on an old rack. They work, but stick up higher than standard racked boards. So if you're going into an underground parking lot, best be careful.
What is the cable material like, does it stretch? Considering trying to fabricate some myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the cable material like, does it stretch? Considering trying to fabricate some myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
No, it's a plastic-coated cable, IIRC. You have a number of slots you can stick the end into for tightness.

·
495 Posts
Anyone know anything about this listing? Just seem's a little 'unique' I guess to see something like this listed in Aus

edit* actually can see it’s a Prior now looking at the branding at the bottom, possibly 4wd. Cheaper to have a new one built than what’s being asked in the listing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts