·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my stats
5 9
192lbs
11 boot
riding NH and Maine mountains mostly with my family .3 kids and wife all ride as well.
80% all mountain with swoops through the park w/ the kids. love trees and surf style.
Trying to decide between 161 cobra x and 159x .
Much thanks.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
my stats
5 9
192lbs
11 boot
riding NH and Maine mountains mostly with my family .3 kids and wife all ride as well.
80% all mountain with swoops through the park w/ the kids. love trees and surf style.
Trying to decide between 161 cobra x and 159x .
Much thanks.
Neither. You want the regular width 158, possibly the 162.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I did ride the SL 158 thinking it would be the perfect board .with Nike kass' I was getting drag on my toeside in deep carves.I would love to ride a reg widthand could with my Burton Rulers but the Nike's are so much more comfortable. I come from a slalom background and really enjoy carving.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm 5'11, 195, size 10 boots, riding a Cobra 161 standard.

Another 1/2" of foot shouldn't be an issue, would depend on how high the bindings are.

I certainly don't want it shorter though, it's plenty quick edge to edge, good in trees and moguls. Not as stable as my 163 premier f1 was at speed, but it's a good compromise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm, im 5'11 185lbs and i just bought a cobra 158... Maybe i should have bought a 162??? I came off a rossignol one 163
and wanted to try a shorter board for a while, i don't buy new boards but every three/four years..
You should be fine with the standered width

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm, im 5'11 185lbs and i just bought a cobra 158... Maybe i should have bought a 162??? I came off a rossignol one 163
and wanted to try a shorter board for a while, i don't buy new boards but every three/four years..
You should be fine with the standered width
Sell me that 158 for what you paid for it, then you can go buy a 162 :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's weird is I always rode reg width boards .Ride timeless,customs,iguchi pro model
..always with higher angles and Burton boots,usually rulers.I don't remember getting drag ever but I def got it this week on the sl and my boots were centered correctly .the Nikes definitely have a larger footprint .I was also using the new flows which I never used before.angles are+ 18 -9.
Anyway a 26.0 waist seemed to fix it which is why I'm opting for the x and not the regular Cobra.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Keep in mind thati came from a 163 f1, and I never do park...the f1 is a rocket, just starts feeling good at 40mph and really shines at 50+

The cobra at 40mph is just not quite locked in like the f1 was, but MUCH better in trees and moguls...trade well worth it for me

That and I broke my f1. :dizzy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts