Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Companies that answer questions and email?

668 Views 16 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Canuck
Have a pair of 32 tm3's and yeah 32 boots customer service sucks. i've sent a bunch of emails over the last year or two and never got a reply. Those boots hurt my feet and I want a better boot. Sent Vans an email and some dudes in a foreign country who knows nothing about snowboards answers.

I was complaining about my 32 boots and they seemed to think I was complinaing about their and said to send them back....

Deeluxe has no email/contact listed so idk.

Had a good experience with Union. They answer questions and got me a new ankle connector for my binding in a like a week.

Mervin is good too. They reply.

If you had a good experience with a boot companies cust service please let me know.
See less
  • Haha
Reactions: ridethecliche
Have a pair of 32 tm3's and yeah 32 boots customer service sucks. i've sent a bunch of emails over the last year or two and never got a reply. Those boots hurt my feet and I want a better boot. Sent Vans an email and some dudes in a foreign country who knows nothing about snowboards answers.

I was complaining about my 32 boots and they seemed to think I was complinaing about their and said to send them back....

Deeluxe has no email/contact listed so idk.

Had a good experience with Union...
See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Ride has been good when I’ve had issues with their boots. I’d imagine K2 would as well.
My issues had to do with workmanship and quality and fell under warrant.
I’ve been where you are with boots, but I’m not sure how any company would respond to “they hurt my feet” since it’s not a boot issue but rather how the boot fits thats the issue. That might be why this is so frustrating for you.

I buy my boots from REI to ensure I can ride them, decide if they work for me, or return them for any reason, which I’ve done a few times. Boots matter! you gotta walk around the store and get properly fitted by someone who knows their shit.

My advice - Buy from a reputable local dealer who will work with the rep on your behalf if you have an issue. Or buy boots from REI and return them no question asked if they hurt after 1,10, or 20 days on the mountain. Either way you’ll never have to deal with a customer service agent again.

· Registered
115 Posts
Burton reply always to my emails.
Salomon , i am waiting for an answer since last Wednesday. They usually reply in 24 Hours, however i have a problem with a retoure/quarantee and now the do not answer. Really annoying

· Registered
670 Posts
Korua and Spark have answered my email pretty fast. I know Stone, Plum and Boréalis answer well in France… as long as you're not trying to be like "hey we friend, no? Gimme discount, friend". Which is probably the case of most local brands…

· Registered
113 Posts
Burton may not always have the most knowledgeable people that answer the phone or deal with warranty issues, but heck, they have a phone line!!!
Salomon: personally, I’m not buying another one of their products because email was worthless and when I finally got someone on the phone that was “knowledgeable” with their snowboards, I finally asked him if he had ever seen the board in person and he admitted he had not. Seemed like an outsourced customer service company or at least that was junky quality I ran into.
ThirtyTwo: never again. Is there an actual company with employees?… didn’t feel that way to me.
Union/Capita: they responded just fine via email.
Rome: responded fine via email.
Mervin responds extremely well, as long as it’s via email. They have actually been the most detail oriented and timely in email from my experience.
What on earth happened to companies and phone numbers? I can’t really complain here because this seems to be the way to world is going.

· Registered
3,113 Posts
Burton have an Australian office on Northern Beaches, Sydney and they are truly superb. Quick response CS via emails and always rectifying any issues. I've had straps or parts break and they send you 2 parts as a backup for replacement. They seem to have long term staff as I speak with same guys over the years. You can see the guys at Burton Australia below all ready waiting to deal with your issues.

Automotive parking light Cloud Sky Car Plant

· Registered
139 Posts
What on earth happened to companies and phone numbers? I can’t really complain here because this seems to be the way to world is going.
Private Equity is buying up these companies and doing what they can to increase revenue by streamlining operations, Unfortunately, customer service gets cut down or out. How many brands are barely even sold by the mom and pop ski/snowboard shops anymore? Evo and REI seem to have in store brands and on-line brands. I’m sure there’s a connection. God I sound like a conspiracy theorist…. Support your local board shops people! I know Johnny at Boardworks in Bellingham treats me right!

· Registered
113 Posts
Private Equity is buying up these companies and doing what they can to increase revenue by streamlining operations, Unfortunately, customer service gets cut down or out. How many brands are barely even sold by the mom and pop ski/snowboard shops anymore? Evo and REI seem to have in store brands and on-line brands. I’m sure there’s a connection. God I sound like a conspiracy theorist…. Support your local board shops people! I know Johnny at Boardworks in Bellingham treats me right!
Agree with you about local board shops.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Ride answers pretty quick and has great customer service. Hell they even pick up the phone!
Rome answers when they get to it...eventually.
Sims used to answer very quick when they were pressing at NS but I dont know about the new Sims
Strafe has amazing customer service
Burton has great customer service
United Shapes has never answered an email, call or Instagram message. Some people have had great interactions with them.

I think thats all the experience I can offer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts