Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first snowboard so aside from basic research, I'm not experienced in damage and how bad it is for the board. I'm pretty sure these scratches on my top sheet are cosmetic, but I just wanted to make sure. Went to google for some answers and everything was rather vague. I got these scratches when someone rammed right into my board on the second day out. 馃様 I know scratches are inevitable but I just want to make sure that these won't cause any issues further on like moisture getting into the core. It gets a little deep at the very end of the scratch near the edge so I'm not sure if that's concerning or not.

Destroying Worlds Since 2015
Wait, "rammed into your board?" This is an important distinction. If they ran over your board, it's a nick from the edge and no biggie unless it goes right through the top layer. If they ran into your board, then it's a crease from your board being folded, and it's probably going to fold again the first time you nose-press or come down nose-heavy. Is there a matching crease on the bottom?

Registered
You're totally safe. These are just surface scratches from having another board ride over yours. No moisture will get in. Snowboards are filled with glue coated wood. It's not raw absorbent wood. This snowboard will last 10 years in the rain like this and still go on a 50mph bomb down a double black with no issues. Carry on the shred.

Registered
You can try to polish them out a little with automotive wax. You can spray a clear auto acrylic over the top sheet, but you have mask everything up and prepare the surface. You can sticker the area and cover the marks. You can live with it and continue to ride. I understand the trauma with a brand new board being scared which hurts all the bling a little.

Registered
I suggest putting a cool sticker to cover it if you don't want how it looks now, but your board is as tough as when you first bought it. No need to worry to its durability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts