Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a board I was looking to buy that I could potentially get a significant discount on, but it has a bit of damage to the tail as seen in the below pic. Does that need to be repaired or is it purely cosmetic? If it should be repaired how much $ am I looking at?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of tools do I need to repair it the right way? I've seen tons of guides on base repair but I'm not having luck finding something about repairing a slightly peeled topsheet.

·
Registered
Rossignol Boards and Bindings, k2 Boots
1,700 Posts
it's a little hard to tell from the picture but i would say all you need is to slap enough epoxy in there to seal up the core and just let it dry.

at most you might need to vice grip it down if the edge and top sheet are separated but it doesn't look that bad from the pic.

if there is a gap you can use something like a tooth pick to push some of the epoxy inside of it, spread a little more over it, then grip it down. you can use pieces of card board to protect your top sheet and base when using vices.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Get a couple little screws to use as wedges to open it up.
Just a couple turns should do.

If you can find a bamboo bbq skewer, they are really tough & makes for a deadly thin spatula:thumbsup:

sand/file down one end flat like a spatula, use that & a hair dryer to get the epoxy deep under there.

The heat will make the epoxy go a little runnier, smear it around with your spatula.

Clamp. don't touch it for @ least a day.

Most important part.
After you're done, take a file & slightly round down the 90 degree angle of the top sheet.
Not just @ the area you fixed, the whole nose & tail.

That will prevent it from happening again:eusa_clap:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Fr-voila.ogg

TT

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
Get a couple little screws to use as wedges to open it up.
Just a couple turns should do.

If you can find a bamboo bbq skewer, they are really tough & makes for a deadly thin spatula:thumbsup:

sand/file down one end flat like a spatula, use that & a hair dryer to get the epoxy deep under there.

The heat will make the epoxy go a little runnier, smear it around with your spatula.

Clamp. don't touch it for @ least a day.

Most important part.
After you're done, take a file & slightly round down the 90 degree angle of the top sheet.
Not just @ the area you fixed, the whole nose & tail.

That will prevent it from happening again:eusa_clap:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Fr-voila.ogg

TT
i just fucking said that.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
i just fucking said that.
Get rid of that fuckin' ****:RantExplode:

Last year, I walked into some store & some old scowlly faced fucker had that bird shirt on.
I instantly started laughing.:laugh:

Homeslice, just doesn't have the bite that Johnny does.

TT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts