Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, but trying not to be too much of a newb and immediately ask what the best board/bindings/belt/toilet paper is. I just decided my new setup and thought it'd be nice to have some feedback, both positive and negative re: my choices. I don't have these yet as I'm waiting on my monster commission check to be deposited :yahoo: ... so if I'm completely out of line, I can still change it!

I'm 6'2", 230lbs with size 13-14 feet. I live in the midwest and generally hit the "mountains" (read: hill) 20ish times per year and try to get at least one trip to true mountains out west each year. I'd like to THINK I charge fairly hard. I hit the hill hit maybe one or two good size jumps, but finish the run. I NEVER go the park, but I'm not intimidated by jumps and have been going bigger each year as my skills have progressed. Previously I rode a buddies board and progressed into buying my own setup without knowing nearly enough that was needed (K2 Anagram 163W, K2 Formula Bindings, and Burton boots off Craigslist). And NO I didn't pay these prices (my riding buddy works at the shop and I got the "Bro Discount").

That being said...I went with
BOARD: Lib Tech Attack Banana 159W Lib Tech Attack Banana EC2BTX Snowboard 2014 | evo

BINDINGS: Ride Capo Ride Capo Snowboard Bindings 2014 | evo

BOOTS: Ride Anthem Boa (yes, they fit awesome...but I struggled most with which boots to get) Ride Anthem Boa Coiler Snowboard Boots 2014 | evo

and if anyone really cares :rolleyes:

Jacket: Ride Admiral in the Grey
Pants: Ride Alki in the Blue

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get lots of hate on here? I hadn't noticed as I was lurkin' around. I belong to a softball forum for all my summer needs and there's tons of dudes that pounce on newbs. Everyone here seems super helpful.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
I personally don't like single boa. Has to be dual..... The upper part gets loose and the lower gets tighter when you have a single boa.

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
Pros: It goes down snowy hills.

Cons: It doesn't go back up them on it's own.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
That's a pretty sweet setup and should be a really good ride. I'm not a fan of BOA because wires don't flex like traditional laces but boy are the easy to deal with. Some of my friends love them and some hate them, its really up to you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've definitely seen on here that the Ride bindings are kind of hit or miss on quality, it seems. MY experience with them is solely that the guy who works at the shop and I ride with has Ride bindings and raves about them. I bought my wife some Ride women's bindings and she likes them. Other than that...I got nothin'!

I definitely have struggled most with boot selection, like I said. I could definitely consider upgrading to...I think it was the Jackson Double Boa. They fit really well too with no heel lift.

Thanks for all the input. I'd welcome more if it were out there!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Whats the point of critiquing your setup now when you've already bought it? If you wanted opinions should have asked beforehand:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
My only suggestion is to look for that same stuff but from last year. Nothing wrong with saving 50%. But anyway looks good. I've always wanted to get boots and bindings from the same company because I'd assume they're designed to work together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you like your Ride pants? Quality seem pretty solid? I'm looking at a few pairs on this Evo sale.
As noted below...I don't have THESE pants yet. However, I'm already using a Ride pair, which is what turned me on to the Ride brand in the first place. I LOVE my pair now. I believe they're the Belltown, but don't quote me. I only know that they're 15k/10k and do just fine in the Ohio/Michigan winters I ride in.

Whats the point of critiquing your setup now when you've already bought it? If you wanted opinions should have asked beforehand:dunno:
It's OK, reading's not for everyone :D :dunno:

Umm seems like he doesn't have it to me.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My only suggestion is to look for that same stuff but from last year. Nothing wrong with saving 50%. But anyway looks good. I've always wanted to get boots and bindings from the same company because I'd assume they're designed to work together.
You might think but it's really not the case. The only time I can recall this being true was the early flow days when you really needed their boots to match well with the strap thing. Remember there is a ton of variation even with in a manufacturers boot design

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts