Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like they are opening up for the weekend. sat-mon. $35 tickets. if i can get 2 of my buddies to take along i will be there. anyone else thinking about heading up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forecast said rain Sunday and Monday. So I didn't feel like driving almost 4 hours each way to MAYBE get a good day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Saturday was a bluebird "pow" day, Sunday was mostly soft and foggy, and Monday was ungroomed boilerplate bullshit with about a half inch of wet snow on top that didn't really begin to soften up until noon, and no visibility whatsoever.

If you can't tell, I was not a fan of Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturday was a bluebird "pow" day, Sunday was mostly soft and foggy, and Monday was ungroomed boilerplate bullshit with about a half inch of wet snow on top that didn't really begin to soften up until noon, and no visibility whatsoever.

If you can't tell, I was not a fan of Monday.
Lucky man I count get anyone to go. What will Sunday be like this weekend? Is it busy, how's the snow, and all that stuff? Never been boarding this late in a season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Weather up at crystal is incredibly unpredictable. Current forecast is sun, but you can flip a coin on the weather and be more accurate than NOAA.

Coverage as of last weekend up at green valley was in the first stages of failure, the top of grubstake had some very thin troughs in the moguls, and some other commonly turned on areas near the top are becoming exposed. I expect it will be quite rideable this weekend if you're careful, and rock-board territory the weekend after.

Crowds have been minimal, grooming is nearly nonexistent so most people take two runs down the brutal bumps and call it a day. Sun might well bring them out though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man. thinking about heading up there sunday with my buddy. u gonna be there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
it looks like last weekend was alright and hasn't been too hot this week, might be worth the trip. Im wondering same though, don't want to ruin my board and i dont have a rock board
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
The first fifty feet or so are going to be pretty questionable, it was already getting quite exposed last weekend, but the rest of the slope should be reasonably well covered. Unfortunately it's been foggy all week, so there's no way to tell from the webcam how much extra coverage we've lost.

Personally, I'm bringing the rock board out.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top