Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does bad customer service turn you off on a company even if their products are good? I'm having some not so good customer service with this company that shall remain nameless. I like their products and I emailed them regarding a problem I had with a jacket of theirs. I got a very quick reply requesting pictures and said they would try and help me out. It's been a week and I have yet to get a reply. Should I email again? I would at least like a response saying they cannot help me. And would an experience like this turn you off from a company and their products?

·
Registered
378 Posts
It depends. If they state the warranty is 1 year, and 3 years from now I run over the widget with my truck, then call, I don't expect them to give a shirt other than to say "order a new one". If the warranty is 1 year, and it's been 366 days and the widget stops working due to a defect, f'in eh I expect some help.

Send another email.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Does bad customer service turn you off on a company even if their products are good? I'm having some not so good customer service with this company that shall remain nameless. I like their products and I emailed them regarding a problem I had with a jacket of theirs. I got a very quick reply requesting pictures and said they would try and help me out. It's been a week and I have yet to get a reply. Should I email again? I would at least like a response saying they cannot help me. And would an experience like this turn you off from a company and their products?
In short.... yes.

of course it helps to buy some a place that has a very liberal return policy

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
For me absolutely, but overall quality is just as high up. I actually used to be sort of anti-Burton a long time ago (not sure why) but I bought a pair of their gloves anyway. They were on sale and looked warm as hell. Well I still have those gloves and that was probably 6 years ago. Until last year they were in perfect condition still!

Those gloves made me consider buying their hardgoods.

Fast forward a few years, and I needed some M6 hardware to mate a pair of new EST bindings with a used board I bought (that didn't have the right hardware in it). Walked into a shop and they handed me a hardware pack. Burton must tell their distributors to be as cool with the hardware/replacement parts as they are! I'll buy from them again.

Poor service would pretty much turn me off a brand.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Yep. There are companies I'll never buy from again because of bad CS, and companies I'll fully support because of great CS.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Assuming I have more than one direction to go in terms of buying similar products with the same quality, then yes, customer service is a must. If I have the option to shop, then I will.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
I'd say give them a call. Often times that is the best way to get stuff done with snowboard companies via email. They often get so much email, yours may get lost in the shuffle. Push yourself to the front of the line by calling them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd say give them a call. Often times that is the best way to get stuff done with snowboard companies via email. They often get so much email, yours may get lost in the shuffle. Push yourself to the front of the line by calling them.
Ill give them a call and see how it goes. If they can't help me then I'll be ok with that. I would just like a reply

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bad customer service is a really good way to lose me as a customer for life. I have no patience for it. If I give you my money I expect to be treated with respect and I expect you to stand behind your product. If a company can not do that then they do not deserve my business.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I had an issue once with Lib where I was trying to send them pics of a delaminated board. I sent the email 2 or 3 times with no response. I finally just sent a pissed off email with no pictures and was responded to immediately. Turns out they have a data limit on their email system, and I was sending too many high resolution pictures of the board, so the email was never received by them, and I was never notified. I sent them some smaller file size images and the issue was resolved immediately.

As for your situation, just call them to get it resolved quick. I have never waited very long to talk to a CS rep from a snowboard company.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Depends on the context of the return. I've only had good experiences returning things to Dogfunk and Gravitee. Gravitee even refunded me shipping on an item that didn't fit even though their policy stated otherwise. Those are the types of shops that I will pay full retail on an item even though others have it for cheaper because I know I will be taken care of if something goes wrong. The best price doesn't mean you will get the best service.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

So I decided to send them an email asking if they received my previous email and pics. Soon after I got a reply from the founder/creative director of the company. Perhaps my previous email got lost in the mix? Whatever the reason, they took care of me going beyond what I would ever ask for. They made things right and I'll still support this company.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts