Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between a partywave + or a dancehaul as a playful carvey party board. The Dancehaul seems to get a lot of love overall, but I tend to be weary of super hyped boards. I also enjoyed 3BT when I rode it on my old ET, and the PW+ juet got a limited edition a couple days ago. Has anyone ridden both or have any insight on how the two compare? I weigh 220ish.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Didn't ride any, but the Party Wave (non plus), seems to be significantly softer from what I read (edit: it's the plus you're looking for) . There's always the plus version though… Still, I think the Dancehaul will be more versatile, while the Party Wave will be more exotic.

(Let me go add the party wave to board I want to ride topic).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Probably cant go wrong with either one, party wave + topsheet design sucks ass though, while the dancehaul looks sick this year.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I’ve ridden both (my friend owns a Dancehaul and got to ride the Party Wave Plus on a demo day).
The DH is softer and more freestyle oriented. There is a great review by @Phedder in the review section. The PW+ felt great on a short venture around the piste to ride moguls and bumps. I liked the flex and it held an edge on a hardpack well but I did feel some lag on the edge and the looser tip due to the 3BT (I’m a full camber guy). Once it grips it holds well. I could own one as a quiver party board if I found it dirt cheap as the 3BT rides unique but I couldn’t ride a board with it daily.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm also curious in this thread as I am looking for a fun softer flexing party board for slushy spring time east coast conditions. Think it's late April/early May, 60 degrees outside, only 4 trails left open with strange granular slush type snow, and you want to do some fun laps before drinking beer outside at the base bar. That's the board I'm looking for. I keep coming back to the dancehaul and partywave, and occasionally the K2 party platter and the slush slasher comes back into consideration. But this thread has me leaning towards the dancehaul.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm also curious in this thread as I am looking for a fun softer flexing party board for slushy spring time east coast conditions. Think it's late April/early May, 60 degrees outside, only 4 trails left open with strange granular slush type snow, and you want to do some fun laps before drinking beer outside at the base bar. That's the board I'm looking for. I keep coming back to the dancehaul and partywave, and occasionally the K2 party platter and the slush slasher comes back into consideration. But this thread has me leaning towards the dancehaul.
I’ve owned the Slush Slasher (Good board just wasn’t for me)

I was stuck between the party platter and dancehaul.I was able to demo the party platter and it was ok.

I wasn’t able to demo the dancehaul but bought it on a chance and I am glad I did. By far one of the funnest / most versatile board I have been on. So much more fun IMO than the party platter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I would pick a Dancehaul over a Slush Slasher. More fun easier to ride more versatile. If I didn’t already have my First Call 151 I’d have been tempted to buy the Dancehaul after just one demo run. Instead I bought a Tur Bubo because it made a huge impression on me.

TheSlush Slasher isn’t a bad board but I think that it doesn’t really know what kind of board it is. I sold mine after just riding it one day.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
There's also the dancehaul pro!

I’ve owned the Slush Slasher (Good board just wasn’t for me)

I was stuck between the party platter and dancehaul.I was able to demo the party platter and it was ok.

I wasn’t able to demo the dancehaul but bought it on a chance and I am glad I did. By far one of the funnest / most versatile board I have been on. So much more fun IMO than the party platter.

Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm still waiting for Capita to give us a Super Slasher. I'm thinking stiffer, cambered, less taper and a sintered base. Same gloriously massive sidecut.
It will be cambered for the next season but they shortened the sidecut to a regular one :/

·
Registered
52 Posts
ALL OF THE THINGS!
First off the K2 was the 2020 model so I believe that year was flat between the bindings and 2021 onward is camber. And the Dancehaul is a 2021. Both ridden are a 152 size. But It would be nice to compare again same mode years now that the party platter is camber underfoot.

I was only able to ride the Party Platter on a groomer day so I can not speak for other conditions.

Party platter was stiffer under foot, better at drawn out carves as sidecut is larger. Edge-hold was good on the firm groomers. Nose was soft enough to play around on but not to soft. Board was quick edge to edge.
But to me felt a little dead underfoot not as much snap or drive compared to the Dancehaul.

Dancehaul def more lively IMO, but does get bucked around a little bit in the rutted out terrain due to its softer flex pattern. Nose is softer than the party platter. Good edge hold maybe slightly better than the K2. Board floats great in powder , quick turning through the tree’s. And is an absolute blast in the spring slush.

Both boards have good fast base.
The party platter is a good board maybe even better now that it’s been updated since I rode it. But I just think the Dancehaul is a better choice if your looking for something in that category.

Party Platter was ridden with K2 formula bindings
Dancehaul was with Now Pilot bindings.

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
I actually think if I had my time again, and I could get one in Australia at a good price I'd get the Telos Backslash - interestingly I went back and had a look at some reviews and did notice this in Angry's Top 5 2020/21 Party Boards so I think we've got them all covered, can't go wrong I reckon.

Hair Eye Product Human body Rectangle

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First off the K2 was the 2020 model so I believe that year was flat between the bindings and 2021 onward is camber. And the Dancehaul is a 2021. Both ridden are a 152 size. But It would be nice to compare again same mode years now that the party platter is camber underfoot.

I was only able to ride the Party Platter on a groomer day so I can not speak for other conditions.

Party platter was stiffer under foot, better at drawn out carves as sidecut is larger. Edge-hold was good on the firm groomers. Nose was soft enough to play around on but not to soft. Board was quick edge to edge.
But to me felt a little dead underfoot not as much snap or drive compared to the Dancehaul.

Dancehaul def more lively IMO, but does get bucked around a little bit in the rutted out terrain due to its softer flex pattern. Nose is softer than the party platter. Good edge hold maybe slightly better than the K2. Board floats great in powder , quick turning through the tree’s. And is an absolute blast in the spring slush.

Both boards have good fast base.
The party platter is a good board maybe even better now that it’s been updated since I rode it. But I just think the Dancehaul is a better choice if your looking for something in that category.

Party Platter was ridden with K2 formula bindings
Dancehaul was with Now Pilot bindings.

Have yout tried the PW+ by chance? Looking for the main differences in feel between the dancehaul and the PW+

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts